BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

no stations on satellite radio anymore

Had the car less that 2 weeks and now my satellite radio only has the demo channel available on it. Suppossed to get a year subscription... anybody have this happen? was I supposed to call to activate it or something? I thought it was all set up for a year when I got the car.

This would happen right before I'm about to make a trip in a couple days, I hope it's an easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Had the car less that 2 weeks and now my satellite radio only has the demo channel available on it. Suppossed to get a year subscription... anybody have this happen? was I supposed to call to activate it or something? I thought it was all set up for a year when I got the car.

This would happen right before I'm about to make a trip in a couple days, I hope it's an easy fix.
Call to activate your subscription. They need your personal info.
They'll get you up and running in a few minutes.

Last edited by Harplayr; 06-07-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
pault
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 35i

Perhaps all the satellites fell out of the sky

In my case the dealer activated it for me when I collected the car and it dit not appear to take him long. I also received something in the mail today from SiriusXM with an account number, 4 weeks after activation.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
Perhaps all the satellites fell out of the sky

In my case the dealer activated it for me when I collected the car and it dit not appear to take him long. I also received something in the mail today from SiriusXM with an account number, 4 weeks after activation.
Hmmm yes the CA told me that it was all ready to go so I assumed it wouldn't go down untill after the 1 year activation period, but it hasn't even been 2 weeks since I took delivery and today I noticed all the stations are missing.

I'll try calling later after work, hopefully it is just a simple activation.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Hmmm yes the CA told me that it was all ready to go so I assumed it wouldn't go down untill after the 1 year activation period, but it hasn't even been 2 weeks since I took delivery and today I noticed all the stations are missing.

I'll try calling later after work, hopefully it is just a simple activation.
If at all possible call them while you’re in the car so that they can get the receiver number and you can test the activation works once they send the signal.

If you're getting the demo stations (as you indicated) the radio and antenna are fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
If at all possible call them while you’re in the car so that they can get the receiver number and you can test the activation works once they send the signal.

If you're getting the demo stations (as you indicated) the radio and antenna are fine.
thanks,

yeah I talked to the CA apparently I guess they didn't set it up like I thought. Gonning to go try setting it up soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Tried calling Sirius and still no go... we tried a few things, then they asked for the VIN and still couldn't get it set up they said I need a code from the dealer so I guess I'll have to go in tomorrow and see if I can get that. Gonna go in to look at some accessories anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
RockyMntX35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: X35i

Have you tried refreshing the radio off the Sirius website? ( it is found under radio support )
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #9
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone, got it worked out. The person I talked to on the phone with Siriuus told me to go to vehicle info or channel zero on the radio to get a subscription number... well vehicle info was the wrong place, and I didn't have channel zero because all channels were removed after the demo expired.

To fix it, you just go to manage subscription to get the correct number and enter it into the website with your other info and it was working withing minutes.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
509trooper
Staff Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Cool, glad everything is working.
Appreciate 0