BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
therealdeal0_5
Wales
Rep
Drives: x3 3.0d Msport

Anyone had their DPF removed on an X3 3.0D?

Just wondering if anyone here has had a company remove the DPF completely including the dpf software from the ecu?? Considering doing it on my 08 x3 3.0d with 45k miles on the clock started having dpf issues before xmas and took in to main dealers who did a forced regeneration but its starting to play up again already so i want to finally sort the problem for good and the only thing i can think of is to get it permanently removed. Need to hear from anyone who's had it done (even on a different vehicle) and what is the economy/perfromance like afterwards and has it caused any other issues?? Thanks for any info you can share
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
kalvin928
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 x3 2.5 ltr

had it done on a zafira cdti... make sure you have it physically removed and then ecu reprogrammed to account for it... no real issues encountered... I had it done as if you dont do a regular 'blast ' down the motorways, it will block up...alot of zafiras had issues as mothers bought them and used for short local trips and were not aware of the problems that could occur from this
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
G_M_S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330D

Tried these guys? http://www.bmwman.co.uk/services-ava...culate-filter/

There is also quite a lot of information on this website. http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/bmw-comple...emoval-session

If you search over on the E90 forum you'll find several members who have removed their DPFs and enjoyed the benefits.

Good luck - btw I've got no affiliation to either of the above, I was lucky enought to get my DPF changed by the dealer under AUC warranty.
Appreciate 0