BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2016, 03:22 AM   #23
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.O. View Post
Thanks,

I read a lot of people complain about the ride quality with the M Sport suspension but I've not found that myself. I guess it depends what you're used to and I'm fairly used to this type of set up, even on UK roads!!
I too have got used to the firm ride however there was one road near me than was laid so poorly some years ago it was like a ripple effect, the X3 shudders everytime I go over it - when I drive my partners Corsa Sri on low profile tiles I don't feel a thing!

Hopefully my next X3 will be an improvement as I have ticked the VDC box this time around
      11-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #24
John.O.
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport+ Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
A month after buying the car I was returning home from some meetings in Manchester. Boing! A massive hole in my rear tyre, and unable to pump it I up with my compressor.
What to do? What to do?
Rang the concierge service, they pointed me to the nearest BMW dealership, sent the destination to the car navigation so I could point the car in the right direction. Was very glad to have them there, and give me info whilst driving at 50mph down the M6
I could certainly see it being useful if you went abroad but it's one of those options that's nice to have just in case.

I find that with a fair few stuff, I've never been a massive sat nav man living in the UK the distances are never that great that I've ever been lost. However, it's nice to have there and with all it's additional options, POI's, banks, petrol stations etc.

I'm never sure whether I have bought the options for me or the next person though??
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #25
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

In comfort mode I get around 430-460 a tank, have had 550 on a long run at steady motorway speed. I don't tend to bother with ecopro
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #26
John.O.
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport+ Carbon Black

I'm really loving the car, the mpg is steadily improving but to be honest I didn't really buy the 30d to be too concerned with mpg.

I love the options on the car and especially Heads Up Display, it isn't distracting at all and so useful having things projected in front of you, very pleased with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #27
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.O. View Post
I'm never sure whether I have bought the options for me or the next person though??
That's something only you can answer
I work at different customer sites, so satnav & bluetooth were must have options for me.