BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

This will apply to very few of you but I thought I would post it even if it only helps one person.

I'm not sure what other models share our lpfp bucket design, if anyone knows post it here so I can share this thread.

I have been running e30-e50 for a couple of months now, my issue started with a failing EKP which lead me to replace my pump with an upgraded walbro. After about a month I started have weird fueling issues. After driving for a bit the car would start to buck and stall to the point that it would not go more than 5mph.

After the car cooled off it was fine again until it got up to temperature and the whole thing would not start over. After trying various things and being dumbfounded I got and entire new bucket assembly with pump. Threw it in and all was fine.

After about a month I'm cruising along and the car just dies. Would not start at all. I get it back home with the old bucket assembly bucking the entire way, worst than when I took it off.

I order another bucket assembly and look at the old ones trying to figure out what was wrong. There no obvious codes aside from the low fuel pressure.

I decided to feed the top of the bucket lightly with air to get the remaining fuel out and see if the check vales are working. While doing this I notice the seem on the inside of the donut is leaking fuel. It was worst on the new bucket which made sense why it would start.

I epoxied the seem inside and out with Marine chemical resistant epoxy. Threw it back in the car and presto all is well again.
Attached Images

2011 F25 X3 35i |M-Sport Front Bumper Conversion|Largus Full Adjustable Coilovers|FTP Charge Pipes|Gutted Catalytic Downpipe|RB Oil Cooler Thermostat Delete|25 Row Oil Cooler|Custom Built Cold Air Intake|9"AEM Cone Filter Behind Kidney Grills With Outerwear|Precision Raceworks Coils|BM3 Stage 2 E30 Tune| BM3 Upgraded 8-speed TCU Flash|395mm X5M Front Brakes

Last edited by rcsup1; 01-20-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1