BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
bmalbert22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25

Garage List
Halogen headlight teardown

There are several YouTube videos and posts about people popping the lenses off of headlights to do projector upgrades, LED upgrades, etc. Who of you have actually taken apart a set of halogen headlights from a pre-LCI F25 (or I suppose any headlights for that matter)? How bad was it really? How bad did you eff things up (come on, no project is ever perfectly executed)? Did the ends justify the means? Would you do it again now that you truly know what's involved?

I would love to upgrade my lights and I am a pretty decent DIYer. Given the difficulty in finding aftermarket lights for this car (or anything aftermarket for that matter) and that they are TOTALLY budget busters (at least for me), I am very seriously considering tearing mine down to do something like an LED projector upgrade. But I would like to avoid starting the project if it means I will be entering the seventh level of hell!
Appreciate 0