BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Profile Question

I am usually very good at figuring out things like this but this question has kicked my but.

I have a profile established. I want to duplicate this propfile, then rename the duplicate, and make some limited changes to the duplicate. I am temporarily at a distant location from home and want to reprogram some of the memory buttons specifically for this temporary location. Rather than creating a new profile from scratch with all my custom settings setting etc. It will be a lot easier if I can just duplicate the existing profile and just make the few needed changes. Depending on where I am I can simply manually choose the profile I want.

So, how do I duplicate and rename my existing profile?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Commerce
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Not sure if there is an eaiser way but... Insert a USB in the port located in the glove box. Export the profile you want to duplicate to the USB. Once it has exported, select a new profile that you want to overwrite, import the duplicated profile from the USB.
Appreciate 0