BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

way to unlock all doors by just touching door 2x?

I can unlock the drivers door by just pulling the drivers handle. However, that doesn't unlock the passenger side door.

I can change settings to 'unlock all doors', and that will unlock all doors by pulling the drivers side handle.

This isn't the safest situation. Ideally, I would like to leave the setting to 'unlock drivers door' but then;

I was hoping to be able to mimic the key fob, that allows one press to open the drivers door, 2 presses to open all doors but with the door handle. Like 2 pulls would open all doors.

Anyone know of a way to do this, or not possible?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Nope, don't think so.
      01-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Don't think so...

I haven't seen that option and I don't think it is one. At least we can still do it with the keyfob. For me, I do like the open all doors feature, which is how I have mine set.

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
mdtmem
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
I can unlock the drivers door by just pulling the drivers handle. However, that doesn't unlock the passenger side door.

I can change settings to 'unlock all doors', and that will unlock all doors by pulling the drivers side handle.

This isn't the safest situation. Ideally, I would like to leave the setting to 'unlock drivers door' but then;

I was hoping to be able to mimic the key fob, that allows one press to open the drivers door, 2 presses to open all doors but with the door handle. Like 2 pulls would open all doors.

I was told it was not possible. On my previous E60 535i the rear door handles also had comfort access handle so you would just grab the rear passenger door & all would unlock. It is the same on my MB GL550. Of all things to cut cost on this is really annoying. I am hoping they are going to make a retrofit & I will be able to replace the rear handle on both sides.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post

I have the comfort access and I get what you desired to get.

I set Driver side unlock only. This gives me following:

1. One key fob press opens driver side door
2. Second press on key fob opens all other doors.

Hand touch on the handle only opens the driver side door even if I touch multiple times.
Single touch for locking locks all the doors.

Anyway I don't like this setting and I'm setting open All the doors.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I have comfort access and I currently have mine set to open all doors, but I recall that when I had it set to open only the driver's side door, pulling on the passenger door handle actually unlocks all doors rather than just the passenger's door.

My main gripe is that the door lock/unlock button is in the center of the dash. If it were in the door, then I'd be perfectly happy to leave it at only unlocking the driver's side door since I can quickly hit the unlock button right away rather than having to get into the car first (to some it looked slightly rude that I sat down before letting anyone else in). Of course, I could use the remote to do this but then that seems to negate the whole purpose of having comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #7
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaX View Post
My main gripe is that the door lock/unlock button is in the center of the dash. If it were in the door, then I'd be perfectly happy to leave it at only unlocking the driver's side door since I can quickly hit the unlock button right away rather than having to get into the car first (to some it looked slightly rude that I sat down before letting anyone else in). Of course, I could use the remote to do this but then that seems to negate the whole purpose of having comfort access?
Thank you! I could not figure out what was bothering me, but I knew something was missing. Hence the reason for my original post. when i had it set to 'open driver door only', i had to reach to the middle of the dash to unlock the other doors. Every other car I have had always had unlock door button on drivers side door as well.

Agree, what is the use of comfort access if you have to dig in your pocket to get remote. I think BMW missed the boat on this. Wish there was a place you could send suggestions to.
Appreciate 0