BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
tigggeeer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.5i 2004

X3 2.5i 2004 water water everywhere!

Hi everyone, I have just bought a 2.5i X3 and the battery compartment had water in it, when I drove off my Husband noticed water spilling out from the left side rear (near exhaust but not from exhaust) we think it came from this back battery compartment. The puzzling thing is I took it to jetwash and the floor at the back seats was soaking wet on both sides. On investigation we think this may be the vapor seals in both rear doors as we did the suggested test and the water came in. My question is - can this water end up in the battery compartment or will that be a different issue. For that we have tested the aerial, water wash and opening to the petrol tank, all ok (no sunroof). Thanks so much for taking the time if you reply. This is my 1st BMW and I have dreamt of it for years and years! Hoping its not too much of a massive issue. It was 1k lower than book price so happy to spend this much to fix it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
mshap
US Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2004 x3 3.0i

I had that also, I was thinking it was a clog in the sunroof drains. It only happened once I think. I used to get water in the boot of an old M3 I had and the sunroof was the culprit
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
TYGIXXER60
Rep
Drives: 06 X3 3.0I

^^^ what he said, very comon
Appreciate 0