BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Thule Aeroblade and BMW floor liners / cargo mat installed

Also with an Inno surfboard/SUP/kayak carrier.

It included the velcro plate screws, but I already had them installed so I didn't need to put them in. The back of the floor liner has that velcro side on it.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

That looks really clean. Does it make much noise at highway speed?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
sard
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
That looks really clean. Does it make much noise at highway speed?
I don't think so, at least it hasn't bothered me to even notice. I've probably driven up to 83 mph max with it on. Nothing is noisier than that pop up fabric sunroof diffuser imo. If I took the surfboard carrier off you cant hear any difference because any sound it makes gets buried under the wind sound the X3 inherently has.

I was trying to find a warp drive sound clip for you but gave up shortly after

Thanks.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Toecutter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sard View Post
I don't think so, at least it hasn't bothered me to even notice. I've probably driven up to 83 mph max with it on. Nothing is noisier than that pop up fabric sunroof diffuser imo. If I took the surfboard carrier off you cant hear any difference because any sound it makes gets buried under the wind sound the X3 inherently has.

I was trying to find a warp drive sound clip for you but gave up shortly after

Thanks.
Okay, I would've laughed at that pretty hard!

My roof racks make a high pitched whistle if I don't attach a fairing, but they're the classic round Yakima bars. I wonder of the teardrop shape of your Thules makes them slip through the air with less turbulence (and therefore without whistle)?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
sard
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Okay, I would've laughed at that pretty hard!

My roof racks make a high pitched whistle if I don't attach a fairing, but they're the classic round Yakima bars. I wonder of the teardrop shape of your Thules makes them slip through the air with less turbulence (and therefore without whistle)?
Even without any type of carrier on the crossbars? I drove about 70 mph with just the crossbars alone and couldn't hear anything.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Toecutter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Even without any type of carrier on the crossbars? I drove about 70 mph with just the crossbars alone and couldn't hear anything.
Yeah, with or without carriers it makes a whistle at about 50mph. At least the fairing looks sporty, but I'd just as soon get rid of it since the clamps do attach to the crossbar in exactly the same spot where my ski carrier wants to.

Oh whoops...this is not on an X3. It's on another vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Damn Nice

Nice. Did the cargo liner come with a flap?

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
sard
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenX3 View Post
Nice. Did the cargo liner come with a flap?
Yah it has this flimsy plasticy/rubbery flap on the underside that I wouldn't even trust..it's thin .I'd feel better just throwin a towel down if you wanna put your boot up to tie it there or 'tail gate' there..

Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

That's What I Figured...

Another question as I'm looking at the photo. It looks like the box has concave dimples that I presume were made that way to fit/lock in with the dimples on the liner to hold the box, to a small degree, in place??

I'm thinking of getting this myself for the winter coming up here...

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
sard
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenX3 View Post
Another question as I'm looking at the photo. It looks like the box has concave dimples that I presume were made that way to fit/lock in with the dimples on the liner to hold the box, to a small degree, in place??

I'm thinking of getting this myself for the winter coming up here...
That's the idea. It doesn't work very well at all. Most of the what holds it in place will just be from the rubber on rubber. It'll probably stay in my garage instead.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
Legaleagle4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Yah it has this flimsy plasticy/rubbery flap on the underside that I wouldn't even trust..it's thin .I'd feel better just throwin a towel down if you wanna put your boot up to tie it there or 'tail gate' there..

Thanks.
I was loking for a scuff protector for the top of the rear bumper. My BMW dealer didn't have anything, but I did find one on eBay. Easy to install, looks good and so far no problem, despite some rain, snow, etc.
Here s the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-11-2012...-/130606199027

Last edited by Legaleagle4; 04-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Nice! I ordered the weathertech "digifit" mats too but mine did not come with the velcro pieces. They came with a knob type thingy. Had to remove velcro on floor and attach knob restraint.... Which mat attaches to , to secure.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I had the BMW all weather mats front/back/cargo included with the order. Are the weathertech better than the OEM mats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX3OK View Post
Nice! I ordered the weathertech "digifit" mats too but mine did not come with the velcro pieces. They came with a knob type thingy. Had to remove velcro on floor and attach knob restraint.... Which mat attaches to , to secure.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
thrasher-b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2012 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
I also installed the Aeroblade and it works great. No real noise with just the bars - a very faint whistle at high speed. A bit of noise with two bike carriers mounted, but you really can't hear it over the stereo. I got mine from Rack Outfitters in Austin - they offer them powder-coated in black. I think the all black rack looks awesome - really glad I found these guys.

http://www.rackoutfitters.com/thule-...bars-set-of-2/

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh
I had the BMW all weather mats front/back/cargo included with the order. Are the weathertech better than the OEM mats?
Quote:
I have no experience with the oem all weather mats for the x3. Mine just came with the carpet mats, so i am not sure how they compare with weathertech ones. I got the weathertech floor liner "digifit" and they are great! They contour and fit perfectly. The rear ones are especially good cause they contour over the "bump". They look excellent But cant speak to winter test of them...yet!

I couldnt see Sard's mats on my phone... now that i see them on my computer.. they are very similar if not identical to what weathertech sells.. except they don't have the velcro attachment..

Last edited by FX3OK; 04-04-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
bbmertz
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Sard, where did you find the BMW floor liners for the MY2012/2013 X3? I only found find the floor liners for MY2011 and prior X3 models on the BMW accessories website.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
KingX
Unregistered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M-Sport 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
Sard, where did you find the BMW floor liners for the MY2012/2013 X3? I only found find the floor liners for MY2011 and prior X3 models on the BMW accessories website.
Tischer's site has them on "sale" prices and also you can order them from any BMW dealer.

Part #s:
82112210410 Black Front
82112210411 Black Rear
82112210561 Beige Front
82112210562 Beige Rear

[Black Sapphire/Oyster/Wave Wood: ZPP/ZTP/ZCW/ZCX/ZDH/ZPS/ZMP/6NR]
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
rohan_b79
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw X3 xdrive35i

Quote:
I have no experience with the oem all weather mats for the x3. Mine just came with the carpet mats, so i am not sure how they compare with weathertech ones. I got the weathertech floor liner "digifit" and they are great! They contour and fit perfectly. The rear ones are especially good cause they contour over the "bump". They look excellent But cant speak to winter test of them...yet!

I couldnt see Sard's mats on my phone... now that i see them on my computer.. they are very similar if not identical to what weathertech sells.. except they don't have the velcro attachment..
Hi Guys,
Weathertech is the OEM supplier for BMW floor liners as well. I got the BMW OEM floor liner, just coz I had some other thing that I had purchased from the parts dept at my local BMW dealership that I could return and apply the money towards the floor liner.

Otherwise there is nothing different between the two, if you don't mind the weathertech logo on them.
Appreciate 0