BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
dathrilla
Rep
Drives: X3 20d on order

30d with EDC or without?

Hi Guys,

I have the possibility to get a 30d off the lot floor (loaded, M-pack, sport suspension).

It has all the specs and packages EXCEPT EDC.

Now I've driven both, but I wanted to get other owners out there to give input.

Is there a BIG difference in your opinion between EDC?

Would you do what im thinking of doing and go for the one on the shop floor with a good discount as oppose to order a new one and wait 4 months?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Depends on your preferences and the sort of roads you drive on. Swiss roads tend to be well maintained. UK ones aren't but I find sport suspension really good but I've always had Msport setups with 5 and 3 series, I prefer a car that always feels taught. The are plenty who will say EDC is a must (but I don't share that view).
      07-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

+1 to what clivem2 says -- it depends on your roads and driving preferences. I have it on my 35i and I'm thrilled with it. The 'comfort' setting is very comfortable regardless of the road surface and the sport setting firms things up nicely. Even when the road is rough, sport manages all but the harshest bumps. I can't imagine the car without it, but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
dathrilla
Rep

This sucks!

Tough call for me...

The offer and delivery time is too good to resist and unfortunately i think I'm going to have to accept no EDC. I drove one, while i like the option to pick and chooses settings, but this car has everything else i want except the light pack and EDC (i know ridiculous).
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

I feel for you.

The car on the lot sounds like a great deal and I know how tempting it can be since it is available now. A purchase like this often involves trade-offs. If the car has most of the options you want and is a good price, that needs to be balanced against the options it doesn't have and the wait time for a new build, along with the probably higher price you would pay for the ordered car.

There are plenty of people on this board who love the ride of the X3, with or without EDC. You really can't go wrong either way. This might help describe the difference between the two: http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/re...mw-x3-2011.htm

Let us know what you decide!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
dathrilla
Rep

Bit the bullet and went for the stock model. Couldn't wait 4 months as my current X5 was already over its end of lease mileage.

I had to give up on the light pack, rear heated seats, rear seat sun curtains and most importantly EDC.

It is what it is.

Hopefully i wont regret it. Will post pics soon.

Thanks for you who gave feedback.
Appreciate 0