BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Xdrive Emblem m40i and bmw logistic

4 days after getting my car, we went to North Italy for easter.

Of course, after the first night there, a moron had no better idea to stole me the X-drive emblem (right one) of my car. I remember that day that I tought this stupid part will be just a nightmare to get it again. And guess what: it is a nightmare!!!

Did you know that is impossible to get it as a spare part?

- 1st I received another part, probably a misunderstanding with the Rep.
- 2nd I received the X-drive emblem (Spare part number 51 11 7 338 570 link: http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/51/51_8139/). But this part is chromed. And on the m40i, those parts come "smoked-chrome".

BMW Switzerland has replied to my dealer, there is no other parts. The one I received is correct. I had to take pictures, and finally needed to go to my dealer to show them I m right. So they took off the left one (original) to check the PN. One very clever guy at BMW Production (or whatever where he is) decided to use the same PN for the "smoked-chrome" part. And for now they have no spare parts for the m40i...

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i just dont get why there must be hole for an emblem?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
elimpfor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i MY17

What is wrong with people? Feel bad for you SANK_CH, hope you get your emblem soon.

Stuff like that why I'm putting a dashcam in my X4, not that it could prevent it but at least the authorities might be able to use the feed to catch the f*cker(s) if they mess with my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Wat the F***

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
Big geordie
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4 2.0 d m sport

Would hole in wing/fender be for indicator lights, and BMW had change of mind, or for future models !!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big geordie View Post
Would hole in wing/fender be for indicator lights, and BMW had change of mind, or for future models !!!!
Yeah, that was the spot for the turn indicator. They went to the mirror indicator and got cheap and put a dummy in it's place.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #7
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Suggestion

Sank, it's pathetic at the responses that are posted by some on this board and the Lack of posting by some. As to your problem , the part that was ordered for you IS the part shown in the book with ....70 being for the front right for both the US and Euro cars. It should have the smoked finish and I'd suggest they reorder. Did you verify by seeing the package that they ordered the correct PN? The part is called a "finisher." As to the question as why there is a hole, I assume it was posted by someone unfamiliar with BMW's. The reason is that in some markets there is an additional marker/turn signal mounted there just like on most earlier BMW's.

Last edited by bmwpc; 07-26-2016 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpc View Post
Sank, it's pathetic at the responses that are posted by some on teis board and the Lack of posting by some. As to your problem , the part that was ordered for you IS the part shown in the book with ....70 being for the front right for both the US and Euro cars. It should have the smoked finish and I'd suggest they reorder. Did you verify by seeing the package that they ordered the correct PN? The part is called a "finisher." As to the question as why there is a hole, I assume it was posted by someone unfamiliar with BMW's. The reason is that in some markets there is an additional marker/turn signal mounted there just like on most earlier BMW's.
Hi bmwpc, don't worry, it also happens to me to reply too quick without checking if my statements are correct or not. Anyway still 3 ppl said it correctly You, Big Geordie & DrKevM5. To be impartial DrKevM5 gave the most accurate reply:
- X3 (F25) before Facelift had their turn indicators at that place in the side panels. At that time BMW started to put indicators in side Mirror on all their model series. Some series like serie 1 had already the turn signal in the side mirrors, before the F25 X3. With the X3 F25 Facelift and the introduction of the new X4, Bmw removed the turn signal from sides panels and put them in the side mirrors.

Yes those parts are called finisher. But trust me PN number of the piece ordered was correct. At the dealer they removed my original smoked finisher left and compared the PN number with the one received (non-smoked), there have the same PN number...

And this is how the problem has been solved: one week ago I went to my dealer, as they told me they found a solution for me. As the smoked finisher PN was still not available in the BMW Spare parts system, they took it from new m40i they received for their showroom. As the car was not sold yet, they have some time to get the correct part.

Now i just need to fix both finisher with superglue.

And my car is again like new.

Enjoy your rides
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #9
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Glad you resolve this matter, still disappointed with bmw. smh
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Check your facts

Sank CH, I'm glad you expert's are so quick to say my response is wrong. If you check the Chinese and some of the Japanese versions of the X3 and X4 you will find a side marker signal in the hole. I guess I'm not privy to the explanation of what BMW " intended" to do to explain the hole. But I am privy to at least a real reason that it does. So while the explanation you feel is the "most accurate" is based upon someone's guess or logical thought, I provided a real reason that is a fact. If you want to "grade" responses that's fine, but please don't confuse fact with suppositions.

Also if you are able to read, you will see that it was my suggestion that the wrong part was ordered. Apparently you then checked that or had already checked it and failed to mention that. Everything I said about the part is correct. The fact that there is a possible internal problem with how BMW is now supplying the part is even beyond the knowledge and ability of your dealer to resolve has never been mentioned anywhere else in the time the part has existed. That is why I suggested you have the dealer reorder in case you received a production error. But apparently you didn't even bother to try that before calling it wrong.

Last edited by bmwpc; 07-26-2016 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0