BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

Valentine One Hardwire?

Hi all,

I'm considering having my dealership hardwire my Valentine One in my 2013 X3 when I pick it up... They'd charge 1 hour labor - $124.00.

Is this a fair price? I know it is fairly easy, especially with the hardwire kit included with the radar detector... I'm just not really comfortable popping off panels and tapping into wires.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
neelkc12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moze View Post
Hi all,

I'm considering having my dealership hardwire my Valentine One in my 2013 X3 when I pick it up... They'd charge 1 hour labor - $124.00.

Is this a fair price? I know it is fairly easy, especially with the hardwire kit included with the radar detector... I'm just not really comfortable popping off panels and tapping into wires.
=========
It' much more easier than that.

Buy valentine + valentine OBD plugin module. Connect valentine one to directly to ODB port for power and mount valentine on the sun visor. Done. 2 min job. Clean and no messing around with any plastic parts
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
lotus18
Rep
Drives: 2013 x3

i did the hardwire myself in my new 2013 back in april, you can look at my write-up with picturess in here, feel free to ask any questions:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...=549579&page=2

again, like i said in that thread, "removal of the console was the most time consuming and would take a lot of courage to remove. but once it has been removed and the trick and step are revealed, no big deal, i can easily go back and re-open it with a heartbeat now."

just look at the pictures and description, u will have an idea how to remove it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
neelkc12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Thank you lotus18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus18 View Post
i did the hardwire myself in my new 2013 back in april, you can look at my write-up with picturess in here, feel free to ask any questions:

again, like i said in that thread, "removal of the console was the most time consuming and would take a lot of courage to remove. but once it has been removed and the trick and step are revealed, no big deal, i can easily go back and re-open it with a heartbeat now."

just look at the pictures and description, u will have an idea how to remove it.
=======

Forgot to thank you. I setup mine following your write up. Many Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus18 View Post

I followed your instructions too. You were right, getting the console out was the hardest part. In the end I discovered I was just being too gentle: where I had hold of it was the main part that woulnd't break, I just needed to pull harder
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
cjban
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30i 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkc12 View Post
=========
It' much more easier than that.

Buy valentine + valentine OBD plugin module. Connect valentine one to directly to ODB port for power and mount valentine on the sun visor. Done. 2 min job. Clean and no messing around with any plastic parts
Hi Neelkc12,
I am planning to use SAVVY to mount the Valentine1. Have you seen someone using it? I would like to make sure it works without issues in X3, as the Valentine1 site does not have BMW in their list.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0