BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Question DAB radio packed up

Hi,
Car is only 2 months old and already the DAB eadio has packed up. The old fashioned FM side of things works fine but switch to DAB and "No Signal" message comes up. Dealer has had the car for 2 days now and the new rear window they've ordered hasn't fixed the problem although their diagnosic equipment is adamant that is what is needed. They now don't seem to have a clue as to what to do next as we move into day 3. Anyone else had this issue?
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
Jan van Zyl
Private First Class
Namibia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 (F25) x-drive 2.0D

DAB Radio in UK - maybe this will help? http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-DAB-Radio-Stations; just a suggestion though.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

And it's back at the dealership for a replacement head unit on the media system and surprise, surprise - DAB still doesn't work. Tomorrow sees day3 of the car off the road which comes to a total of 7 days now for failed attempts at sorting it.
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
robwoods
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d Gran Tourer Auto

I had exactly this same problem in my X3 20d a month ago. For 1.5 days I just got 'no signal' from most DAB stations, although BRMB (Birmingham station) still worked for some reason which was no compensation.

No BBC channels worked and let's face it, the only reason to get DAB is BBC 6Music and BBC Five Live Sports Extra (maybe BBC 4 Extra if you like radio comedy?).

Dealer had it for 1 day and decided they didn't have a clue, and it should 'just work'. I took it home that evening, still didn't work. FM worked fine all the way through.

Woke up the next day, all working again like magic. And has worked since.

No idea what the problem was, but I have a suspicion it may rear it's head again. Woe betide Sytner Nottingham if it fails during a Test Match (that is a cricket reference for those of you stateside, funny rules, goes on for a long time, they have a 'tea' break, don't worry about it...)

Always makes me laugh that if your engine fails they can fix it quickly, but as soon as something goes wrong with the entertainment systems they really don't have a clue. If you can't mend it with oil and a spanner, forget it!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwoods View Post
I had exactly this same problem in my X3 20d a month ago. For 1.5 days I just got 'no signal' from most DAB stations, although BRMB (Birmingham station) still worked for some reason which was no compensation.

No BBC channels worked and let's face it, the only reason to get DAB is BBC 6Music and BBC Five Live Sports Extra (maybe BBC 4 Extra if you like radio comedy?).

Dealer had it for 1 day and decided they didn't have a clue, and it should 'just work'. I took it home that evening, still didn't work. FM worked fine all the way through.

Woke up the next day, all working again like magic. And has worked since.

No idea what the problem was, but I have a suspicion it may rear it's head again. Woe betide Sytner Nottingham if it fails during a Test Match (that is a cricket reference for those of you stateside, funny rules, goes on for a long time, they have a 'tea' break, don't worry about it...)

Always makes me laugh that if your engine fails they can fix it quickly, but as soon as something goes wrong with the entertainment systems they really don't have a clue. If you can't mend it with oil and a spanner, forget it!!

That did make me smile and believe me I need to smile!! Day 3 (Round 2) has now been and gone and the dealership still can't fix it. To make matters worse - the 3 series loan car has now also broken down and I've had to experience the BMW Emergncy Service. But I have been invited in to see the Service Manager on Wednesday for a chat over a coffee. That could be an intersting update and I guess from that I can conclude no repair expected until at least the middle of next week if then!! But maybe the loan car might manage to keep going!!
Appreciate 0