BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #45
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Lol I think you are right? - who is your broker..? my lease is with a broker too (flexiblevehicles) and ultimately supplied by Lex too..
Used Bluechillicars for sourcing the X3
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #46
zzz
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G31 520i

Looks stunning, I actually prefer looks of xLine to M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #47
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Not every X-line in country came with those wheels ... I am going for this colour so no-one say it looks awful in Black please :-)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...l/x3?logcode=p
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #48
cnn
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 30d -15 XLine

Interesting discussion as i actually preferred and selected the 605 wheels rather than the 607s and was also told that the 607s would have meant delivery end of march rather than end of januari because of shortage.

608s on the other hand look great i think but comes with the normal drawbacks of 19" inch on bad roads.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #49
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Interestingly I saw an x line leaving my dealer yesterday with the 20inch 369m wheels on it, I wonder if the dealer did a deal with the buyer as the x line wheels weren't available.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #50
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
Interestingly I saw an x line leaving my dealer yesterday with the 20inch 369m wheels on it, I wonder if the dealer did a deal with the buyer as the x line wheels weren't available.
That would be some negotiation to get up to 20inch wheels!.. What is the ride like with 20inch wheels i wonder!?!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #51
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
That would be some negotiation to get up to 20inch wheels!.. What is the ride like with 20inch wheels i wonder!?!
I drove an x4 m sport on the 20's and I thought it rode really well, actually better than my 1 series on it's 18's
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #52
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Useful thread ... I think this now explains why the Xline wasn't available to me on my company car list if the fleet company knew about supply issues which could leave them with a liability and also affect residual values.

Still a shame as X-line on melbourne red looks stunning with all the silver trim. Still - it gave me another couple of grand to splash on goodies like reversing cameras, xenon/LED lights and a full set of heated seats.
      10-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #53
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Useful thread ... I think this now explains why the Xline wasn't available to me on my company car list if the fleet company knew about supply issues which could leave them with a liability and also affect residual values.

Still a shame as X-line on melbourne red looks stunning with all the silver trim. Still - it gave me another couple of grand to splash on goodies like reversing cameras, xenon/LED lights and a full set of heated seats.
It is certainly very interesting ... do you think different wheels will be a residual issue if they are genuine BMW options ... is there that much difference between the 605/607's .. I like both and was very tempted to spec the 605's rather than the 607's as they are a no cost option on the xline.

Glad you think the Melbourne red xline is stunning !!!

Maybe you, me and cumbrian lad should have a meet with our three red beasts when we eventually get them !!

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #54
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Any updates on WheelGate Gazzer?

Just received confirmation I should get my car by 30th November all going well..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #55
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Any updates on WheelGate Gazzer?

Just received confirmation I should get my car by 30th November all going well..
Hi, well my broker rang me last night with an updated on WheelGate.

He told me he is frustrated with BMW as it seems to be falling on deaf ears. They have a "so what?" attitude at the moment as they think they've acted correctly and provided an alternative option which is available as "no cost" for the XLine range.

So BMW are stating that both the 607 and 605 wheels are standard on the XLine and you get whatever is in stock. Hmmm, not exactly how I felt it was being advertised to me.

He did ask why we weren't told about the change at the very least - and apparently the dealerships ARE contacting people to advise them that the wheels aren't available for anyone affected. Bit strange as they definately didn't contact me.

I've pushed for some compensation, in the form of extra kit, and he's going back to BMW with that request (or the 19inch wheels at no cost instead).

So if you are expecting the 607 wheels on your XLine, then the dealer should be contacting you if they are not being fitted. However, I get the feeling this is not the case and BMW are just shrugging the whole thing off generally.

Bit bad from a premium car manufacturer to adopt this attitude.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #56
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

I find that pretty poor attitude to - I can kind of see what they are saying as you get sometimes when purchasing something the least they can do is provide an option that is equivalent or better - however I would say a premium brand like BMW shouldn't be doing bare minimum.

I still haven't been contacted, and really don't want to be as if given option of 605's or cancel order is not really an option, as I lose my current lease in 2mths.. With this waiting list as is I am sure they could find a new owner :-(
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #57
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
I find that pretty poor attitude to - I can kind of see what they are saying as you get sometimes when purchasing something the least they can do is provide an option that is equivalent or better - however I would say a premium brand like BMW shouldn't be doing bare minimum.

I still haven't been contacted, and really don't want to be as if given option of 605's or cancel order is not really an option, as I lose my current lease in 2mths.. With this waiting list as is I am sure they could find a new owner :-(
Yes, annoying too that their website/configurator still happily sells the 607 wheels as an 'exclusive' benefit of taking the XLine trim:

I would argue they themselves feel the wheels to be a big part of the package!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #58
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Yes, annoying too that their website/configurator still happily sells the 607 wheels as an 'exclusive' benefit of taking the XLine trim:

I would argue they themselves feel the wheels to be a big part of the package!
Think you are spot on - when it says Light alloys - does it mean in colour or does it mean that they reduce the CO2's for cheaper tax... They do have economy wheels that do that don't they?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #59
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Think the economy wheels are more about aerodynamics rather than weight ... which is why they tend to look pretty awful.
      10-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #60
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Think the economy wheels are more about aerodynamics rather than weight ... which is why they tend to look pretty awful.
Well I "pitched a bitch" on their facebook page about all of this and got a response. They would like to talk to me so am now expecting a phone call !
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #61
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well I "pitched a bitch" on their facebook page about all of this and got a response. They would like to talk to me so am now expecting a phone call !
Good Luck will be pissed if you get 19inch and mine comes with proper 18's lol :-) Did you post publicly or message them?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #62
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good Luck will be pissed if you get 19inch and mine comes with proper 18's lol :-) Did you post publicly or message them?
Had a rant publicly and they then asked me to contact them by private message to explain in more detail and provide contact details. Not expecting any miracles but good to have a chance to put my feelings across.

I've I lived in the States would haul them up in front of Judge Judy
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #63
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Had a rant publicly and they then asked me to contact them by private message to explain in more detail and provide contact details. Not expecting any miracles but good to have a chance to put my feelings across.

I've I lived in the States would haul them up in front of Judge Judy
Had a look on the bmw uk FB page couldn't find your post have you/they removed it ?

I think Cumbrian lad was offered a free 19 upgrade ... Maybe that is a precedent ?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #64
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

If I remember correctly on launch even for X4 the 607 were not standard even on the global configurator for xline.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #65
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Had a look on the bmw uk FB page couldn't find your post have you/they removed it ?

I think Cumbrian lad was offered a free 19 upgrade ... Maybe that is a precedent ?
I had a look too as interested in the response myself and couldn't see it and wondered if they had removed it the same.. If cumbrian lad was offered that he kept quiet about it :-P
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #66
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
I had a look too as interested in the response myself and couldn't see it and wondered if they had removed it the same.. If cumbrian lad was offered that he kept quiet about it :-P
No I didn't ! Think I posted it on the uk lead times thread. Initially was asked if I'd take the 605s rather than the 607s I had ordered. Didn't really want them so said I would either take 608s FOC, wait for the 607s or put my own winter wheels onto the car if they could get the car to the dealer and they could then give me the 607s later. BMW came back with the 608 option. Did threaten to cancel and go get a Q5, but don''t think that would have made much difference! Dealer does have another xline ordered before mine with the same problem, however BMW have basically said they will have to wait for 607s or cancel order. Difference is that theirs is a cash deal, mines PCP. Don't ask me why the difference.
So you may find their response depends on how the car is financed. Don't agree that there should be a difference, but that is the way it seems to be. Doesn't seem right that you can place a specific order for a specified delivery date for it then to be significantly changed without some sort of compensation.
Appreciate 0