BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #23
Mardoq
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Thanks Filski,

Good to know the lay of the land. I didnt expect that much discounting would be going on given apparent demand. It just might mean that I may have to be a bit smarter on the options, and scrap one or two nice to haves to bring it back within budget. Option B would be to pick up a demonstrator at some point.

Test drive booked in for the weekend, and looking forward to it. Hopefully can borrow a friends q5 for an immediate comparison.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #24
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoq View Post
Thanks Filski,

Good to know the lay of the land. I didnt expect that much discounting would be going on given apparent demand. It just might mean that I may have to be a bit smarter on the options, and scrap one or two nice to haves to bring it back within budget. Option B would be to pick up a demonstrator at some point.

Test drive booked in for the weekend, and looking forward to it. Hopefully can borrow a friends q5 for an immediate comparison.
I can assure you there is discounting going on. Almost 10% here. I know other members have achieved greater then this.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #25
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

What lead times is Audi giving you on a Q5? I know here in WA it's a 9 month lead time....and I thought the X3's were bad.
Smarm...what config did you order?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #26
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roders View Post
What lead times is Audi giving you on a Q5? I know here in WA it's a 9 month lead time....and I thought the X3's were bad.
Smarm...what config did you order?
The lead times for the q5 that I was quoted by two seperate melbourne dealers were "sep/oct" minimum. The best discount I could eek out of the Audi guys was in the vinicity of 2%.

Ordered 30d/CA/sunroof/internet/pro nav/metallic/extended connect/hi fi pro with the 4years EPP free servicing.

~$100k RRP

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Smarm,

Great config on the 30d...mine is similar but with MSport & TV in exchange for the HiFi Pro.
Free servicing is awesome too....everyone forgets to get that added.
It's standard on the corporate program
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #28
Filski
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Very nice! With that sort of spend I expect that a discount might be easier to negotiate. While I've repeated what I was told, I expect to do better than ~$2k discount when the time comes. but as a first time buyer (of any car really) I don't have the relationship or experience in negotiating. I'm just putting out some feelers for now. I'm aiming to spend sub $75k for this spec
BMW X3 20d
Performance control
Dynamic damper control with sport/sport settings
Sun protection glazing
Top view folding mirrors
Extended USB function
Metallic paint
Xenon lights

But would consider a basic 30d for <$78k. What do you think the chances are?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #29
smarm
Rep
Drives:

You could hit that depending on what state you live in re:stamp duty. Guess it just depends on whether you wanted the features on the 30d compared to the options on the 20d. The 20d is a perfectly fine choice, so it'll really be a personal thing. Very easy to keep inflating the budget however!!! When the time comes to order, then be prepared to be polite but firm and walkaway from the table if they're not playing ball. Also being the end of the month can help.

roders: nice car. When is it due? Was hesitant about ordering m sport as not convinced by the (few) pics I've seen of it with the body colour trims. Great in AW tho.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #30
JordanWindebank
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 20d (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Very nice! With that sort of spend I expect that a discount might be easier to negotiate. While I've repeated what I was told, I expect to do better than ~$2k discount when the time comes. but as a first time buyer (of any car really) I don't have the relationship or experience in negotiating. I'm just putting out some feelers for now. I'm aiming to spend sub $75k for this spec
BMW X3 20d
Performance control
Dynamic damper control with sport/sport settings
Sun protection glazing
Top view folding mirrors
Extended USB function
Metallic paint
Xenon lights

But would consider a basic 30d for <$78k. What do you think the chances are?
Just keep in mind if you get Xenon's you need the headlight washers, and for top view you need anti-dazzle mirrors. You may also want to consider leather on a 20d as the Sensetec wasn't quite what I was hoping.

Good luck, I believe my lease company was able to get close to $7k discount on a 20d.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I got my production confirmed 1st week april, just before the production delay's due to auto tailgate....very lucky. Now just waiting for the boat to Aust. I got mine in Alpine White. Originally had a sparkling bronze, but when the MSport option came out I took that but they couldnt do sparkling bronze
Smarm, which state are you located in?? If you are in WA I might be able to help you out, put you under my companies corporate agreement. That at least gets you 50% off dealer delivery and free servicing for 4 years......even after initial purchase discounts.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roders View Post
I got my production confirmed 1st week april, just before the production delay's due to auto tailgate....very lucky. Now just waiting for the boat to Aust. I got mine in Alpine White. Originally had a sparkling bronze, but when the MSport option came out I took that but they couldnt do sparkling bronze
Smarm, which state are you located in?? If you are in WA I might be able to help you out, put you under my companies corporate agreement. That at least gets you 50% off dealer delivery and free servicing for 4 years......even after initial purchase discounts.
Good timing Thanks for the offer mate, but my pricing/servicing as already inclusive of the corp program.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #33
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

I've been to 4 different BMW dealers in Sydney and half of them say no chance of price movement for the X3. The other two said 2-3k would work to get my business. It's rather disappointing.

Audi dealerships (i'm comparign with the Q5) are more flexible and 8-10k discount isn't out of the question (yes, I have asked).

The specs I want are:
20d - Alpine White
M Sports package
xenons
tailgate
Heads up display
VDC
Sunroof
Lights package

RRP is $83,619 (i'm hoping to get this car for $80k even - what do you think of my chances?)

I wanted to get the Sat Nav Bus but this will push it to $86k.

BTW, go onto carsales.com.au and search for cars in the 'showroom' section. There, you can spec your car up with all the options and it will show you the total price (including on road costs)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #34
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

With the current shortage on parts for production, you might be forced to get Sat Nav, also there will be delay's if you choose the tailgate option.
YOu could play this into your favour....when they say you "have" to get SatNav say you didnt really want bit but if they add it for a "good" price then you will take it
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #35
MC123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
Interesting you're doing the Q5/X3/X1 thing myself. Speccing up a 3L Q5 to the standard of the 30d X3 led to a premium of ~$7k for the Q5. Not worth it IMO. Rear room in the Q5 was pretty reduced as well. Add to the fact that Audi dealers are barely moving on price and a > 6 month delivery time frame, and it made no sense.

The interior and the drivetrain of the X1 ruins it. Such crappy interior plastics. The centre console uses 4 different types of ugly plastics, all noticable and detracting. Comparing the same 20d engine back to back in the X1 vs the X3 shows you how nice and well geared the 8 speed auto is.

My experience with 2011 X3 xdrive28i 3-liter engine was great. This car is very good on gas i get 7l/100km and 10.5l city. This will be 26/40 MPG a lot better than expected with Canadian 91 gasoline from Shell.

The Brake Regeneration is excellent as is working like a Hybrid not only is saving brakes but also charges the battery, plus the 8-speed is shifting very fast.

The car interior is great and the 8.8 inch control display is very functional. I recommend going with Xenon-lights, they look better.

Also, I have drove the X1 which only comes with 4-cyl turbo engine in Canada. The engine in X1 is good/responsive but the interior is a lot cheaper than the X3 starting from plastic, door tickness, no-control display and many others... It truly is a low-entry car with a good small engine.

I hope you will have the same positive experience as I have with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #36
Mardoq
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Thats one handy feature on carsales, especially as it is hard to get a good understanding of option pricing on most car websites. Looks as though the 2.0d info may be wrong. I hope not but, seems that it is all lower than what i expect on the spec i am looking at, being

Leather (quoted at 2400, but 3200 on flyer that is in the thread above)
Memory seats (2700 vs 2000)
Metallic
And maybe xenons and hifi depending on negotiations
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
Filski
Private
Rep

Sounds as though the prices have LCT included. It only comes into play once you top $75375.

So on the 20d you get $5k of options at the cheaper rate, but prices increase rapidly from there. Be very careful at the dealerships to make sure they don't pad the price by adding it to the first $5k. I know of one dealership that is (have a photo of the price and options). I plan to use that to my advantage as a last resort to get the price I want. But I wouldn't get my servicing done at the same dealership
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #38
Filski
Private
Rep

Just checked carsales - options list there does NOT include LCT.

If you are looking at the 20d (not the 28i which has a different threshold being petrol), then for ever dollar above $75375 you'll need to add 33cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:41 AM   #39
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

The LCT is included as part of the on road section. It is displayed as 'additioanl govt charges'. In any case, I got a quote from the dealers for the same specs as what i entered on the website and it's on the same mark (+/- $300) is it's a good indicator.
Appreciate 0