BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Phonebook not getting entries from my iPhone

Well this is a new one and of course I'm just over the warranty. This just started happening. I can call and recieve calls so the bluetooth is working ok. Occasionally I get all my phonebook transferred though. But most time I see the message "TRANSFERRING DATA" and after a few minutes I see "NO ENTRIES". I think I can overcome this by un-pairing and re-pairing my phone. But that's usually not necessary as it has worked pretty seamlessly in the past. Any ideas out there? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #2
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Yes, buy an Android phone

On a serious note, I would carry out what you have already suggested, un-pair and re-pair. It may just be a one off occurrence, sometimes tech get's confused and needs a reboot if you know what I mean.

Otherwise maybe there is an option to reboot the actual iDrive system? I would consider that as a last resort.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

weird...it just started working again but my voice command in the car wasn't. Actually it was but I couldn't hear anything over the speakers. I realized I unchecked the audio in the bluetooth configuration section and that fixed it. So now everything is back working. But maybe I'll do that. unpair and repair.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0