BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
Congrats. Would have loved to spec one up so well.

I'm changing from my e92 330d at the weekend and I'm going to miss the toys but I need more doors. :-/

Can you advise is the rubber boot liner an accessory?

I'll take off my rubber e92 floor mats but guess the floor plan is completely different?
See pics below...

I think you're correct the mats are different, a full set of rubber mats and the boot liner / box kit was £135 (after a 7.5% discount) from BMW spares department.
Attached Images

09-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francolargo View Post
Very nice indeed! I picked mine up last night. It looks too good in the driveway - it seems like somebody else's car!

Chose a very basic model - only added heated leather seats, roof glass and roof rails. Most of the technology I really value comes standard (suspension and drive algorithm tuning). As for wheels, I really like the production rims. Maybe I'm easy to please, but I certainly am delighted.

Cheers,

Frank
Yes they really are a great looking car!

I've now fitted a set of 19" 369M rims which are wider on the rear axle than the front. It makes the car look a lot 'meaner' (according to my teenage sons) and, I must admit, they seem fill the wheel arches better and look better proportioned.

I wish I'd chosen a glass roof now, my wife's just taken delivery of a Mini Countryman Cooper-S All4 with one fitted - The extra natural daylight really makes it a much nicer place to be on a dull day! The reason for my reluctance to add it to my X3's spec was that I had problems with one on my X5 4.8is (it stuck in the open position and cost a fortune to repair) though I guess BMW have improved the reliability of the mechanism by now.
      09-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

+1 on the staggered 19s. I switch to square 18s in the winter and it changes the profile a lot. Much prefer the 19s with the wider back wheels

Enjoy

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #26
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
+1 on the staggered 19s. I switch to square 18s in the winter and it changes the profile a lot. Much prefer the 19s with the wider back wheels

Enjoy
I'm looking to put a set of Bridgestone winter tyres on the 18" rims and flog the brand new original 'summer' tyres on eBay.
      09-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #27
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

Real nice Saggo! I have the same trunk liner and find it quite convenient - stops things from sliding around.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

^^^ hey thanks for your reply.

Bloody garage are being vague re collection! Provisionally Sunday. Well that helps no one cos I have to arrange a swap over time for my insurance on the 330d. Grrs.

Guess ill just have to be patient. Wouldn't mind if they said next Wednesday its the uncertainty I hate.

Still can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #29
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes I know exactly what you mean - very frustrating indeed.

The last time I went into the dealers for a delivery update, I was told it was expected later that particular week (I went in on Monday) my X3 actually turned up on the transporter whilst we where there! It seems to me that the dealers have little or no detailed information as to exactly where a particular car is or when it will arrive.

It's incredible that I can track a £5 Parcelfarce package from origin to destination so that i know exactly which day it will arrive though my BMW dealer doesn't know where on the planet my £48k X3 is!
      09-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #30
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
See pics below...

I think you're correct the mats are different, a full set of rubber mats and the boot liner / box kit was £135 (after a 7.5% discount) from BMW spares department.
I bought this boot liner (and storage box) from the UK BMW ebay store.
The storage box feels a bit cheap + the rubber of the boot liner is not very sticky + if you have a load on the boot liner how do you get the bumper protection sheet out from under it?
I've added a halfords non slip mat and all is good- http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165469
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #31
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
I bought this boot liner (and storage box) from the UK BMW ebay store.
The storage box feels a bit cheap + the rubber of the boot liner is not very sticky + if you have a load on the boot liner how do you get the bumper protection sheet out from under it?
I've added a halfords non slip mat and all is good- http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165469
Hi, I think the idea is to pull the flap out when the boot is empty then lay it on top of the stuff in the boot until you empty it. There's no easy way to get at the flap otherwise once the boot's loaded.
      09-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
I had to have the big telly, eyes not to good!

My kids wanted me to have black trim and big black alloys but I resisted the temptation...got the 369m rims on this evening, finishes it off nicely especially with the big 275 Pirelli's on the back. Will post pics at the weekend once I've cleaned it (covered in mud now after the rain this afternoon)
Pics of new rims...
Attached Images

10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #33
MB_35D
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 Xdrive35D M Sport

Congratulations on your new X3!

I waited more than 6 months...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #34
PGAPankey
Rep
Drives: 2001 Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo
Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
Congrats. Would have loved to spec one up so well.

I'm changing from my e92 330d at the weekend and I'm going to miss the toys but I need more doors. :-/

Can you advise is the rubber boot liner an accessory?

I'll take off my rubber e92 floor mats but guess the floor plan is completely different?
Hi,

Yes the boot liner is an accessory from your dealer, it has a flap which covers the top of the bumper too and a non-slip box for you to keep bits and pieces in is also included.

I changed from a 2008 330d M Sport - you'll love the X3 I'm sure! I've only done 220 miles since I picked mine up yesterday though it's already averaging 38 mpg, it's quiet, comfortable and very quick (not that I've explored its full capabilities yet!) much improved over the previous engine / auto box. Steering's not as communicative as the 3 series though i never expected it to be; that said I'm not complaining at all, it's a brilliant package overall.

Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I am
I just picked mine up 2 days ago and I was thinking the same thing. Great mileage so far, nice a quiet. Doesn't handle like my wife's 328 but still better than I expected for an SUV.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #35
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Looks lovely ... The white m sports come out really nice. Enjoy!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0