BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #1761
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Spoke to my dealer today ... and they absolutely guaranteed that I won't be getting it this week.

As to when I will get it, that is up in the air ...

... but it has finally arrived at Thorne.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #1762
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Spoke to my dealer today ... and they absolutely guaranteed that I won't be getting it this week.

As to when I will get it, that is up in the air ...

... but it has finally arrived at Thorne.
Bummer . Do you know what is is they do at Thorne and how long it will take?
      05-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #1763
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Bummer . Do you know what is is they do at Thorne and how long it will take?
When I asked for a screen shot he said he would rather not ...

... and he has asked me just to bear with him.

I think that's probably because it looks rather ugly ...

Anyway, delivery this week is clearly a no no.

He knows I *NEED* it for for the 6th, but I am guessing that even that is up in the air at the moment ... clearly and he doesn't want to say anything either way.

I shall twiddle my thumbs till I hear from him ...

In the mean time, each time I see one I get more excited about what I have chosen.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #1764
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

He knows I *NEED* it for for the 6th, but I am guessing that even that is up in the air at the moment ... clearly and he doesn't want to say anything either way.

In the mean time, each time I see one I get more excited about what I have chosen.
At least you have communication from your salesperson! Since capturing the sale mine has made every effort to forget and avoid me when I try and contact him
      05-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #1765
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:

Disappointed for you Horsey ! It is even more frustrating to know it is on UK shores but you cannot get it

My car is now waiting to be loaded from Germany to Southampton. As dnw mentioned, it seems the cars are offloaded in Bremehaven prior to being put back on the boat to Southampton.
Expected delivery after the bank holiday

Yeltzer, when did you order the car? Have the dealers not told you of your build status code?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #1766
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post

Yeltzer, when did you order the car? Have the dealers not told you of your build status code?
Ordered at start of April, but there was a build slot available at the dealer. Was originally told middle of June and estimate delivery on invoice is 15 June. Not been told build status code, only had a quick call Sunday before last to say it "should" be being built that week.
      05-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #1767
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ordered at start of April, but there was a build slot available at the dealer. Was originally told middle of June and estimate delivery on invoice is 15 June. Not been told build status code, only had a quick call Sunday before last to say it "should" be being built that week.
Wow that is quite a quick turnaround time. Ask them to give you the build status code so atleast you know if it has been built or not.
Ideally, after it goes through into build, the status changes quite rapidly and then slows down again while its on the boat to Germany and then to Southampton
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #1768
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
At least you have communication from your salesperson! Since capturing the sale mine has made every effort to forget and avoid me when I try and contact him
Yes, when it comes to communication, my sales rep has been great, but I can't help but think that BMW UK could do much more to help raise the bar a lot ...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #1769
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My car is now waiting to be loaded from Germany to Southampton. As dnw mentioned, it seems the cars are offloaded in Bremehaven prior to being put back on the boat to Southampton.
How did you find that out?

I was never able to get any information about the route of my car.

The funny thing was, when I phoned up BMW UK, they just called my dealer to ask them!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #1770
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Disappointed for you Horsey ! It is even more frustrating to know it is on UK shores but you cannot get it

So the cars don't come direct to the UK?

Where's Thorne?

What is the route from US to UK??
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #1771
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3
Quote:

Where's Thorne?

Thorne is in Yorkshire somewhere IIRC. It's why lots of BMW stock cars have registrations starting with 'Y' as they are all first registered up the way
      05-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #1772
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How did you find that out?

I was never able to get any information about the route of my car.

The funny thing was, when I phoned up BMW UK, they just called my dealer to ask them!
That is what the dealer told me and I will only get the car after bank holiday
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #1773
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post

Where's Thorne?

It seems like there could be potentially 2 different routes taken.
I am again reliant on the dealer and the information supplied by them.
Horsey's car might well have come in directly to the UK from the US and is being checked at Thorne and then transported to the dealer.
Mine it seems did not come direct to the UK.. from what the dealer has told me its has gone to Germany, is offloaded and reloaded to be sent down to Southampton.
I can only assume they do the vehicle checks in Germany and then the dealer picks it up directly from Southampton and is delivered to me.

Am thoroughly confused and the lack of tracking for UK cars just makes it more frustrating
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #1774
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07
That is what the dealer told me and I will only get the car after bank holiday
Shame

Mine is still up in the air for delivery on or before the 6th.

I am guessing the system is showing it as later, but the dealer has more influence now it's at Thorne.

Finger crossed some strings get pulled ...

I shall now close my eyes, hold my breath and wait to see what happens after the weekend.

Next load of fun is getting insurance ...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #1775
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Horsey - try the BMW insurance. Remember you get 7 days free anyway as a sweetner. The BMW insurance was the best for me so I took it.

swfrom07 - Yes, some vehicles go direct from S'pton to dealers (you can see them on the A34 everyday) and others who go via knows where - Horseys in this case
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #1776
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Horsey - try the BMW insurance. Remember you get 7 days free anyway as a sweetner. The BMW insurance was the best for me so I took it.
Cool, I will try that ...

My Jeep as best under Elephant, but last time I looked LV was cheapers, but I never looked at BMW.

Where do you get a BMW insurance quote from?

Quote:
swfrom07 - Yes, some vehicles go direct from S'pton to dealers (you can see them on the A34 everyday) and others who go via knows where - Horseys in this case
Via Timbuktuby by way of Tipperary it looks ...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #1777
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Horsey
You can get a BMW car insurance quote at www.bmw-carinsurance.co.uk although my experience is that they are significantly more expensive than others. My cheapest quotes so far have been LV= and Direct Line
      05-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #1778
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still do not know which one is quicker going to Germany and back to Southampton or being stuck in Thorne for BMW to deliver it to the dealer? I think it will end up being the same in the end.

I think in Horsey's case his car is taking so much longer as it needs a special car carrier to take the weight of all the extra spec on top of the 35d engine
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #1779
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

[QUOTE

Where's Thorne?

QUOTE]

Its South Yorkshire
A shed load of cars on a car park right next to the M18.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #1780
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Aviva insurance have some great rates at present.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #1781
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

We went with BMW insurance - as they came up cheapest on 2 comparison sites (as Allianz). All depends on age, location etc...

We also went for the BMW tyre insurance (but pushed for a big discount to get a comparable price) and the BMW Gap insurance which was also a very good price.

Might have been able to a £100 in total but this way it all is managed by the dealer whatever happens in the next few years!!
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #1782
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
We went with BMW insurance - as they came up cheapest on 2 comparison sites (as Allianz). All depends on age, location etc...

We also went for the BMW tyre insurance (but pushed for a big discount to get a comparable price) and the BMW Gap insurance which was also a very good price.

Might have been able to a £100 in total but this way it all is managed by the dealer whatever happens in the next few years!!
Hi Plymjack
Can you advise what the offer was on tyre insurance please. I havent run a car with runflats before, or been offered any kind of tyre insurance before so would like to get ahead of the game if possible.
Thanks
Appreciate 0