BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
dongdong134
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Does Msports package comes with Dynamic Driving Control

Picked up my X3 Msports today from the dealership, but the vehicle didn't have dynamic driving control (normal, sport, sport+ switch) installed. I checked the msports package spec list and it has variable sport steering and performance contrl as standard. Does that means I should also get dynamic driving control as well. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongdong134 View Post
Picked up my X3 Msports today from the dealership, but the vehicle didn't have dynamic driving control (normal, sport, sport+ switch) installed. I checked the msports package spec list and it has variable sport steering and performance contrl as standard. Does that means I should also get dynamic driving control as well. Thanks
Msports package doesn't come with variable steering. It comes with paddle shifters and 'dynamic transmission mode' which lets you set sports or normal gear shift points.

You need the Dynamic Handling Package to get dynamic suspension and variable steering.
The Dynamic Handling Package no longer lists Dynamic Suspension as being part of the package but my CA just confirmed with the regional marketing director that it is still there.

This is for 2012 model, but I'm pretty sure 2011 is no different.

Last edited by Dukat; 09-25-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
dongdong134
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat View Post
Msports package doesn't come with variable steering. It comes with paddle shifters and 'dynamic transmission mode' which lets you set sports or normal gear shift points.

You need the Dynamic Handling Package to get dynamic suspension and variable steering.
The Dynamic Handling Package no longer lists Dynamic Suspension as being part of the package but my CA just confirmed with the regional marketing director that it is still there.

This is for 2012 model, but I'm pretty sure 2011 is no different.

Thanks, in New Zealand, MSPORTS package comes with variable sport steering. I am still confusing, if I have variable sport steering, I should get dynamic driving control or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
dongdong134
Rep

This is Msports Package spec in NZ
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is Msports Package spec in NZ
Interesting, that does make the MSport package more than just cosmetic, although different bundles for different countries causes lots of confusion.

How much are they charging for your dynamic handling package? I'm guessing you still have to buy it to get dynamic suspension, but it may be cheaper if you paid for the MSport. Otherwise they'd be double charging you for performance control and variable steering.
      09-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
dongdong134
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat View Post
Interesting, that does make the MSport package more than just cosmetic, although different bundles for different countries causes lots of confusion.

How much are they charging for your dynamic handling package? I'm guessing you still have to buy it to get dynamic suspension, but it may be cheaper if you paid for the MSport. Otherwise they'd be double charging you for performance control and variable steering.
We do not have dynamic handling package here, but can order variable sport steering and dynamic damper control individually.

Msports package cost 8800 NZD for 20d, 4700 NZD for 30d here, really expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We do not have dynamic handling package here, but can order variable sport steering and dynamic damper control individually.

Msports package cost 8800 NZD for 20d, 4700 NZD for 30d here, really expensive.
I checked out the NZ site. It's very different than ours. So many options! Multiple versions of similar options, like Nav is confusing. It's also much more expensive than here!

Your best bet is to check with the dealer. It may be possible to get the dynamic suspension installed but will require installing new suspension and reprogramming the computer, something many dealers have problems doing.
      09-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

You should have definitely have dynamic drive control with normal/sport switch if you paid for variable sport steering. You have no way to change the steering without this switch. I think your options are similar to the UK options and there are two ways to get DDC here: as part of VSS or as part of VDC.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

It is beyond me why we are having this discussion again...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
It is beyond me why we are having this discussion again...
Agreed, this topic done to death.