BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Comfort Access - driver's side passenger door?

(in th UK if that makes a difference).

I have Comfort Access on my X3. If I unlock the doors using Comfort Access (i.e. slipping my hand through the front passenger/driver door handle), then it unlocks and I can open the rear passanger side door (this is good, because Jnr's car seat is on the rear passenger side). However, today parking was tight on that side, so I chose to unload Jnr from the rear driver's side door. I have found that I cannot open the rear driver's side door when I have used Comfort Acess to unlock the doors (the rear driver's side door remains locked).

I tried this again at home, got husband to try it too, then he turned the child locks off and tried it again. Definitely doesn't work (even with the child locks off).

Is this a fault with my X3 (malfunction on the Comfort Access) or is it some sort of "safety feature"?

Thanks
QT
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Mark86
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i Arctic Gray

That is a fault with your X3. All of the rear doors should open when you touch the passenger handle.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark86 View Post
That is a fault with your X3. All of the rear doors should open when you touch the passenger handle.
Ooops, sorry, no it isn't (husband just spent an hour faffing...): there is an option to have it either way in the "Options".

Basically there is a "driver door unlock only" (so if you use Comfort Access to unlock the driver's door, it only unlocks that one) which was enabled on my car. I can see that being a desirable security feature in some places. Disabling this means that all doors unlock when you use Comfort Access to unlock the drivers door.

(sorry to ask a question and then solve it myself)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Ooops, sorry, no it isn't (husband just spent an hour faffing...): there is an option to have it either way in the "Options".

Basically there is a "driver door unlock only" (so if you use Comfort Access to unlock the driver's door, it only unlocks that one) which was enabled on my car. I can see that being a desirable security feature in some places. Disabling this means that all doors unlock when you use Comfort Access to unlock the drivers door.

(sorry to ask a question and then solve it myself)
You are so honest
Appreciate 0