BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #23
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 35i M-sport X3

Agreed that it is an upgrade and hard to compare in the same class.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #24
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

If you are open can you please share your deal? Are you leasing or financing? Monthly payment?
      07-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #25
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON
If you are open can you please share your deal? Are you leasing or financing? Monthly payment?
Undisclosed.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Congrats xDrive35i.

You'll loose nothing in performance and gain substantially in luxury.

I justify the hefty price on my X3 to the engineering excellence but BMW fail on the premium interior appointments and dealer service.

I look forward to your updates after the new wheels arrive.
      07-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #27
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh
Congrats xDrive35i.

I justify the hefty price on my X3 to the engineering excellence but BMW fail on the premium interior appointments and dealer service.

Thanks! My thoughts exactly. The Macan's materials are a cut above--equal to those in the Panamera and Cayenne, especially with the upper dash and door leather package I ordered.

Also worth mentioning: the power delivery sure is a bit more linear than the awesome power surge of the 35i, so I'll miss that high energy, frenetic turbine smooth I6. But the Macan makes all the right noises when you want them, and none of the noises you don't (i.e. rattles, creaks, clunks, wind and road noise, etc). Plus, I'm really excited about no run-flats and the air suspension. If my A4's 18" 245/40 series tires are any indication, this car is going to ride smoothly and quietly for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 06:03 AM   #28
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

Congratulations on your new Macan, I'm sure you'll love it. If I replaced my X3 today, it would be my choice.

About your rattles, squeaks, clunks, etc., I wonder if your 2011 X3 suffered from some early assembly glitches. After 2 years and 35,000 miles my 2013 model has had virtually none of that. No repairs have been needed. Road noise was increasing as the original run-flats wore down, but I replaced them with conventional Michelins and all is quiet again and more comfortable, too.

I hope you'll come back and give us a detailed comparison after your new Macan arrives.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #29
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh
Congrats xDrive35i.

Thanks! My thoughts exactly. The Macan's materials are a cut above--equal to those in the Panamera and Cayenne, especially with the upper dash and door leather package I ordered.

Also worth mentioning: the power delivery sure is a bit more linear than the awesome power surge of the 35i, so I'll miss that high energy, frenetic turbine smooth I6. But the Macan makes all the right noises when you want them, and none of the noises you don't (i.e. rattles, creaks, clunks, wind and road noise, etc). Plus, I'm really excited about no run-flats and the air suspension. If my A4's 18" 245/40 series tires are any indication, this car is going to ride smoothly and quietly for a long time.
Well said! I was thinking I'd miss the security of run flats. Thoughts?

Couple of others I'll miss - HUD and Sending location via google maps.
      08-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #30
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

X3 is gone!

Yesterday marked three years with the X3--the last day of the lease. It was definitely a bittersweet end, but I can't wait for the Macan. Wish it would get here already!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #31
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
Yesterday marked three years with the X3--the last day of the lease. It was definitely a bittersweet end, but I can't wait for the Macan. Wish it would get here already!
Let's us know when you get the Macan...post some thoughts and pics then.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #32
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:
Let's us know when you get the Macan...post some thoughts and pics then.
Will do!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #33
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Undisclosed.
To the person asking, plenty of folks on the Porsche forums and others would be happy to share 100pct of the details of their deal with you, just ask over there. Most everyone is willing to share to assist others in securing a good deal. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #34
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Quote:
Undisclosed.
To the person asking, plenty of folks on the Porsche forums and others would be happy to share 100pct of the details of their deal with you, just ask over there. Most everyone is willing to share to assist others in securing a good deal. Best of luck.
I chose not to disclose that information in order to preserve a certain degree of immediate anonymity. I'd rather keep private the details of my relationship with my dealer network.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #35
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 35i M-sport X3

Quote:
I chose not to disclose that information in order to preserve a certain degree of immediate anonymity. I'd rather keep private the details of my relationship with my dealer network.
Just in case the porsche dealer is trolling bmw x3 forums.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #36
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT

Quote:
Seriously? LMFAO

Last edited by YellowMellow; 08-05-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #37
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

I would buy a used Cayenne GTS if I have 70k plus
      08-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #38
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
I would buy a used Cayenne GTS if I have 70k plus
The current gen Cayenne is much nicer in appearance than prior generations.
If you need the size and don't want to sacrifice driving dynamics, 2011+ GTS is the way to go. But over $80K and if you look hard enough, you may find a decent Cayenne Turbo.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #39
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine
Quote:
Just in case the porsche dealer is trolling bmw x3 forums.
You never know...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #40
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Lol You basically just explained why you didn't want to help, same thing.

Anyway, Macan is a nice car, but it's easily 15k more than comparably equipped X3, hence it's not really competing at the same league like others have suggested.

Personally for compact SUV, I would go Macan Turbo for the fun and speed or x3 xdrive35i for everything else.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #41
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 and X4

Guys

Read my post on the X4 forum about me getting rid of my Macan S in 3 weeks of ownership and buying a 2015 X3 and 2015 X4 the same week following.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1019769

I have some details about the Macan and why its a horror show..

I hate to poop on your parade but I am an SUV lover and I have owned alot of them.. The Macan is on the bottom of my list and most others who will buy them will see for themselves. The Sq5 which I had for a while smokes the Macan in every way and is less money and much more fun..

Craig

Last edited by Theatermax; 08-05-2014 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #42
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatermax View Post
Guys

Read my post on the X4 forum about me getting rid of my Macan S in 3 weeks of ownership and buying a 2015 X3 and 2015 X4 the same week following.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1019769

I have some details about the Macan and why its a horror show..

I hate to poop on your parade but I am an SUV lover and I have owned alot of them.. The Macan is on the bottom of my list and most others who will buy them will see for themselves. The Sq5 which I had for a while smokes the Macan in every way and is less money and much more fun..

Craig
I'm sorry about your situation with the Macan. Automotive reviews put Macan at the top over SQ5 and X-series - perhaps they're missing something?

Its my own personal opinion (so don't take this the wrong way) but I saw the X4 at the dealership while waiting for an oil change, GOOD GOD that thing is hideous. It looks awkward at every angle. There was an X3 parked next to it and it looks 100x better. Can I ask you why you chose the X4 over X3?

Also can you clarify something...I don't get it, none of these vehicles are true SUVs (no low range 4x4), they're really CUVs. I would assume if your a true SUV guy, you'd look at something with low range 4x4 system (Cayenne, Jeep, Land Rovers, etc)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #43
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 and X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMellow View Post
I'm sorry about your situation with the Macan. Automotive reviews put Macan at the top over SQ5 and X-series - perhaps they're missing something?

Its my own personal opinion (so don't take this the wrong way) but I saw the X4 at the dealership while waiting for an oil change, GOOD GOD that thing is hideous. It looks awkward at every angle. There was an X3 parked next to it and it looks 100x better. Can I ask you why you chose the X4 over X3?

Also can you clarify something...I don't get it, none of these vehicles are true SUVs (no low range 4x4), they're really CUVs. I would assume if your a true SUV guy, you'd look at something with low range 4x4 system (Cayenne, Jeep, Land Rovers, etc)
Yellow -

I have owned numerous X6's as well and I can only assume that you dislike just like you dont like X4.. They are virtually the same just scaled down. Myself and about 250K people believed the X6 was awesome and this is the target audience for X4. You like brunettes and I like Blondes. Same concept. To see a M sport X4 in the right color and say its hideous is funny as in my eyes its different and swoopy and stands out as to not be the same. I have a 2015 X3 3.5 and love love love it everyday.. Its great but does it stand out ? Nope , it looks like all the others. The X4 is a stand out car.

When I say SUV guy - I am into more exotic Suv's like Range Rovers and Audi Sq5's and Macans all which I call SUV's . You may call them CUV's and everyone calls them something but are they a Sport Utility Vehicle ? yes for me they are.. I use them as a sports feel and I use them for utility and work.. I love the big easy trunk space and higher ride.

I bought a 2015 X3 and 2015 X4 all in the same week and Im keeping both.. X3 for everyday stuff and X4 for weekend play.. I am back into BMW and the fit and finish and tech details and operation of the X3 3.5 is awesome. Idrive is better than ever and Macan is boring and loaded with things that dont work.. The Air condition is the Macan doesnt work period.. Its awful and me and my business partner bought them at the same time. He still has his and is putting up with the nonsense I dumped it and im back happy with my BMW's..

craig
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #44
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07
Quote:
Lol You basically just explained why you didn't want to help, same thing.

Anyway, Macan is a nice car, but it's easily 15k more than comparably equipped X3, hence it's not really competing at the same league like others have suggested.

Personally for compact SUV, I would go Macan Turbo for the fun and speed or x3 xdrive35i for everything else.
That's exactly what I did, yes.

The Macan Turbo was a thought, but based on my order sheet I was looking at around $90k. I've done the X3 thing already and I don't want another one. I liked the SQ5 but not enough to buy one, and the Macan S just felt right to me. It's already plenty faster than either the X4 or X3 35i, and I just get a better sense of occasion getting into the Porsche. It's something to behold, and I'm happy to have paid for that.
Appreciate 0