BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-26-2014, 04:20 AM   #133
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Yes the Brochure that Knights sent me two weeks ago was printed in Germany 2013.. How useful.

How hard is it to give access to a PDF of a brochure that has already been created. Its very odd that something so simple is so badly done..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 05:07 AM   #134
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well Bowker in Preston have them ... I just walked in and asked for a brochure .. If anyone is near there

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #135
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
I'm having a mad urge to go for Melbourne red with a beige interior I still have time to amend my order .. What do you think ? Having seen pics of x3's in Melbourne and the Swedish x4 in red with beige on the x4 thread .. Looks a stunning combo

I currently have space grey with beige which looks stunning and the leather still looks like new after 3 1/2 years

Mmmm decisions .. Killing me this wait !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #136
zzz
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G31 520i

I just gave up on my Melbourne Red, after seeing to many weird looking photos from the wild. I hope you will be braver than I am
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #137
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz
I just gave up on my Melbourne Red, after seeing to many weird looking photos from the wild. I hope you will be braver than I am
If you go to a dealer and have a look at a 3 series in Melbourne .. It is one of those colours you really need to see in the flesh I think.

My current car is SG and previously I have had two grey audi's and silver VW's

Finally that thread on Thorne made me think just how many are in silver/grey/black ...

Would go for SG again but .. Wouldn't feel likes new car

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #138
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
If you go to a dealer and have a look at a 3 series in Melbourne .. It is one of those colours you really need to see in the flesh I think.

My current car is SG and previously I have had two grey audi's and silver VW's
Snap! Currently have a 2011 in SG but it's starting to get a bit dull with so many others on the road ... car before that was an Audi A5 in Quartz Grey which is also very similar.

The xLine trim seems to really stand out on the Melbourne Red but unfortunately xLine is not an available option for me (some odd company car policy ... I can add £5k of options but not the xLine because it affects residuals or something)

Still being told it will be mid Jan for mine so just debating what to do with my current car which is due back end Sep. Tempted to trade down to something crappy for a few months, save some money and make the new X3 feel special again.
      08-27-2014, 04:14 AM   #139
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

It's funny how we have local variations with colours. I only see 1 X3 around here in SG, all the rest are black or white. As I've currently a black X3 I've now ordered my new one in SG (with Saddle leather).
      08-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #140
Ntlreject
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i 3series

Mine has just gone in to production 5055 confirmed... Whooop!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #141
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well I have just swallowed the brave pill and changed my colours !

I originally ordered Silver with Mocha but have changed it today too ... Melbourne with Beige

I have pondered so hard . but two things have made me think recently ... A dealers forecourt with a sea of silver/grey/black and white cars ... and a motorway car park with a sea of grey and black BMW's

I have seen an X3 in Melbourne with black and it looked very smart and not too over the top. I have also seen a 4 series in Melbourne with beige .. which in real life has a real luxury look to it.

I did consider Oyster leather, but to me it is very light and really seems to show up dirt, whereas I currently have beige in my X1 and it is unmarked and very easy to keep clean even after 3 1/2 years ...

Oh and I have had a red BMW before ... which I loved
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 03:28 AM   #142
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:

I originally ordered Silver with Mocha but have changed it today too ... Melbourne with Beige

I have pondered so hard . but two things have made me think recently ... A dealers forecourt with a sea of silver/grey/black and white cars ... and a motorway car park with a sea of grey and black BMW's

I have seen an X3 in Melbourne with black and it looked very smart and not too over the top. I have also seen a 4 series in Melbourne with beige .. which in real life has a real luxury look to it.

I did consider Oyster leather, but to me it is very light and really seems to show up dirt, whereas I currently have beige in my X1 and it is unmarked and very easy to keep clean even after 3 1/2 years ...

Here are a couple of pics of it set against the snow
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #143
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep. Melbourne is actually a colour rather than a shade on the monochrome scale

I've got oyster in my current F25 X3. In the first year it stained quite badly from my jeans (not cheap ones either - "vintage wash" Stone Island and Armani where the dye isn't supposed to run). Zymol tends to get most of it out although the side bolsters on the seat have a distinct blue tinge to them. After 3 years they're still looking OK ... but I've gone for black this time. The leather itself is still in excellent condition ... unlike the "leather" on my Audi A5 which was wearing down to cloth underneath after 3 years.
      09-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #144
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit
Yep. Melbourne is actually a colour rather than a shade on the monochrome scale

I've got oyster in my current F25 X3. In the first year it stained quite badly from my jeans (not cheap ones either - "vintage wash" Stone Island and Armani where the dye isn't supposed to run). Zymol tends to get most of it out although the side bolsters on the seat have a distinct blue tinge to them. After 3 years they're still looking OK ... but I've gone for black this time. The leather itself is still in excellent condition ... unlike the "leather" on my Audi A5 which was wearing down to cloth underneath after 3 years.
My wife loves oyster ... But having looked at a few dealer demos it does seem to get grubby quickly .. Whereas the beige has more colour in it .. And doesn't show the dirt in the same way ..

I'm hoping Melbourne with beige will look awesome ... And not like a trifle that's gone wrong !!!

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #145
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
So as the 64 plates hit the road ... I can look forward to my 15 plate ...

.... It's killing me !!!

And getting expensive ... I've added full viz pack and heating steering wheel to my original order

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #146
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I got the heated steering wheel as part of the winter pack on my current car - it was the only way to get the rear heated seats for the kids. I scoffed at the absurdness of a heated steering wheel - I mean why would anyone...

Of course, having had it through 3 UK winters now, option #1 on my new X3 order was ... heated steering wheel.

I'd strongly recommend lumbar support, too, if you do any moderate distance driving (although I'm in standard seats at the moment and perhaps the sports seats give a bit more support without the lumbar)
      09-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #147
Cogsie43
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 XDrive MSport

Smile BMW X3 2015 Delivery delays

I ordered my 2015 BMW X3 2.0 MSport mid March this year knowing there would be a delay due to "unknown Uk delivery quotas". I was given a delivery date of 18th Sept which was a 6 month wait! The good news is that it turned up early and I picked it up on the 1st Sept.

Although there are delays for Uk delivery, I have to say it is worth the wait for this updated spec - a great drive.

The bonus is the wife is happy too.😄
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #148
SC
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:

You will love the red. Here is a pic of mine today at the detail shop. I had OptiCoat put on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #149
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC View Post
You will love the red. Here is a pic of mine today at the detail shop. I had OptiCoat put on.

Very nice .. good depiction of the colour too

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #150
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit
I got the heated steering wheel as part of the winter pack on my current car - it was the only way to get the rear heated seats for the kids. I scoffed at the absurdness of a heated steering wheel - I mean why would anyone...

Of course, having had it through 3 UK winters now, option #1 on my new X3 order was ... heated steering wheel.

I'd strongly recommend lumbar support, too, if you do any moderate distance driving (although I'm in standard seats at the moment and perhaps the sports seats give a bit more support without the lumbar)
Of course you being on the wrong side of the Pennines you will appreciate the steering wheel as I'm sure I will !

I'm sure that I will find it superb on mine

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #151
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

Car will be with dealer on 17 October and with me 10 days later. The suspense is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:27 AM   #152
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Replacement Ordered

Hi guys, I have recently placed an order to "upgrade" my existing X3
I currently have a 2 year old 2.0D MSport in SG. My new order is as follows:-

3.0D X-Line
Black Sapphire
Black Nevada Leather
Headling Anthracite
Interior Comfort Package
Media Package
Visibility Package
Sport Automatic Transmission
Servo Steering
VDC (Essential option IMO)
Steering Wheel Heating
Towbar
Folding Mirrors
Sports Seats
Seat Heating Rear
HK Speakers

Expecting the car Late Dec./ early Jan.
Bring It On !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #153
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Hi guys, I have recently placed an order to "upgrade" my existing X3
I currently have a 2 year old 2.0D MSport in SG.
Expecting the car Late Dec./ early Jan.
Bring It On !!!!!
Sorry to be the voice of doom but ... that's Dec 2015?

Had my order confirmed right back at the start of May and it's not due until mid January 2015. It would be surprising if you ordered 4 months later and it arrives before then. I checked with my lease company a couple of months ago and they confirmed that this is the standard X3 lead time for the UK.

We saw dealers making big fibs when the F25 was first launched - took about 8 months for my current X3 to arrive back then. My lease company indicated it would take that long last time and they were accurate to within a week. Others who had been promised cars within 3 or 4 months found them slipping out to about 9 months as I recall. It's all on here somewhere. UPDATE: found it here and all the pain came flooding back.

I'll be downgrading to an Audi A4 at the end of the month - it'll save a few hundred quid per month and make the new X3 feel special again when it arrives so every cloud has a silver lining.

Last edited by TuffLittleUnit; 09-16-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #154
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Ditto to TLU's post. Would raise an eyebrow if you can manage and order from now for delivery beginning of Dec. I'm still looking at Delivery week 52 from a mid-April order. Hope you don't have a problem with the wheels you've asked for Halfalife!
Appreciate 0