BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-02-2022, 04:09 AM   #1
lordk3rw1n
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E83 20D X3

08' X3 20D Electrical Issue

Hey guys, I have a 2008 20D with only 83K Miles on it.

I've got what I think is an electrical issue, but can't diagnose it.
I did a swirl flap delete about 8 months ago as they were broken, but the car has been fine for a few months.

So i have a few issues with it at the moment, which leads me to believe its an electrical issue:

My temp gauge doesn't go up-to the middle, and i can watch it bounce around between 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock, replaced the sensor and it still does it.

One of my parking sensors has died, I plugged in my scanner to give me live readings of the sensors and its the front-middle right, replaced the sensor and still no reading from it, all others detect the distance, but this one wont. Always shows it's 2 meters away when others say 30cm.

Last week i did 500 miles in my car, drove normally (apart from the bucking/jerking at low revs, but its been doing that for years) and I had no engine lights,

Today it came up with an engine light for:

4CAE DDE: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Controller, Position Sensor, Signal
4501 DDE: Exhaust Gas Recirculation, Control deviation
4C9F DDE: Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve, plausibility
3F25 DDE: Charge-air tube monitoring

Now i cleaned the EGR valve about 3 weeks ago as I had an engine code for EGR Flow restricted, and it's perfectly clean...

What's interesting is that I can clear the code's and then drive the car for a few days and it be fine, then when I next start it, i can get these codes. Along with the Temp sensor and parking sensor issue, It's taken me down the rabbit hole of being an electric issue....

As for the jerking at low revs, I've had it for years, it's annoying but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm running 255/40/R19 at the rear and 235/45/R19 at the front, they' match tyres across axles but are different brand/tread between front and rear, i know this could cause an issue....

Any suggestions?

I'm located in Wiltshire, England.

attached is a pic of my EGR valve from 3 weeks ago, so i know its not blocked.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0