BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #89
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Well the Discovery Sport made the consumer reports worst list, exactly what I found about the ride being firmer than my firm X4

Land Rover Discovery Sport
Shoppers covet this eccentric English SUV brand for vanity reasons. Though the Disco belongs to a family that includes the stately Range Rover, its engine seems flat-footed and the transmission often feels in the wrong gear. Handling is lumbering, and the wheels ride as though made of concrete. The infotainment system seems dated.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...2015/index.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 04:45 AM   #90
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy
Well the Discovery Sport made the consumer reports worst list, exactly what I found about the ride being firmer than my firm X4

Land Rover Discovery Sport
Shoppers covet this eccentric English SUV brand for vanity reasons. Though the Disco belongs to a family that includes the stately Range Rover, its engine seems flat-footed and the transmission often feels in the wrong gear. Handling is lumbering, and the wheels ride as though made of concrete. The infotainment system seems dated.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...2015/index.htm
Doesn't seem to stop them selling though certainly not in my part of the UK

They have just released a new engine, which may help and a new range topper which starts at £47k

But, to my mind they are not as distinctive as the freelander it replaced, nor as premium looking/feeling as the evoque.

And a world away from the real range rovers

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #91
Flipflop99
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI 2.0d SE Auto

The DS is a nice looking motor and they come with the right classless image. The 7 seat idea is brilliant and the tech seems ok but for me the build quality and handling fell a long way short of the X3. I care more about the engine and the way the car feels to drive than the looks which is why the X3 was top of my list. Oh and a whacking discount helped along the way
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #92
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
well, if somebody is looking for space, I would prefer the new crossover Renault Espace.
I think it's really, really cool. No AWD though, and that's the main reason I didn't buy it. And my wife thought the car was too big (almost 5 meters long). Sales starting in march 2015.

I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up state side as a future Nissan offering.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0