BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
spencerryan21
Registered
Rep
Drives: '08 e83

MSV80.1 in INPA and coding related issues

Has anyone with an N52 X3 gotten EDIABAS to communicate with their DME (MSV80.1)? Since I used INPA/NCS/NFS the first time, I have never been able to access this, but all the other modules communicate fine. I receive "EDIABAS error 100: SYS-0010: INITIALIZATION ERROR." The description/solution for this error is no help at all. I have tried v53, v49, and v46 sp-daten's, all producing the same result. (Before anyone suggests/asks, it is not the cable.)

I was able to ignore this issue until now. I decided to update my transmission software via WinKFP, and received the message indicated programming was successful. I now get the yellow ABS, red BRAKE, and yellow 4x4 lights on the instrument cluster, along with the airbag light. DTC's (from INPA) indicate "transfer case clutch position unknown." This is corresponding to the "trio" of drivetrain lights. Basically, my X3 is driving perfectly fine, but in full RWD only with no ABS. I am hoping the airbag light will resolve itself as i resolve this, more pressing, matter, but if not I will fix that after. I was not receiving the "trio" of lights intermittently prior to updating my transmission, and I do not/have never heard the grinding noise associated with the transfer case gear worn down by the worm gear, so I do not think that is the issue. I believe that if I cleared learned values and re-calibrated the transfer case, I could resolve this issue, but I have yet to see a way to do this with INPA/NCS/NFS. I am currently attempting to get a working DIS or ISTA installation so that I can try this, but if anyone has any input here, it is welcomed.

'08 E83 X3 prod 09/07
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
jcolley
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

I've noticed similar with my cable. I have a K-CAN/D-CAN cable from one-stepelectronics.com which has an adapter for vehicles with dual K-line. It works great on my pre 3/07 E60, but for my wife's 10/06 build X3, I get mixed results.

With the adapter on (for dual K-line), I can communicate with every module except EGS and DME.

Without the adapter, I can communicate with the EGS and DME, but nothing else.

I suspect it's a matter of not having the proper cable/pin configurations, but haven't had much time to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
spencerryan21
Registered
Rep
Drives: '08 e83

I have the same cable, haven't thought to try talking to the DME without the adapter. I'll check it out.

Using SSS now, but I only have a trickle charger. Doesn't boost line voltage to >13v. Not down to spend $$$ on a charger, going to try to start my other vehicle and connect jumper cables.
Appreciate 0