BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
BBMk
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 BMW newbie

Do BMW owners pay admin fees?

I just signed on for a new 2012 BMW X3 x28i. Thanks for all the Canadian XBimmers who sent me some negotiations tips...one thing I forgot to ask was did you pay the Admin fee? My fee was $395...on BMW Canadian website said the fee could be up to $595. Is that normal? I wouldn't know because Audi never charge me that fee. ( for a straight purchase or a lease )

I like to be fair so I left $1k above invoice price so this charge was on top of the negotiated discount. I am assuming they are just moving things around to recover some of their discount. ( sneaky in my opinion )

I am not trying to nickel and dime the dealership but just wondering if this is just the privilege of purchasing a BMW car. They also charge me for $75 Nitrogen gas for the tires. I had my kid with me so I didn't want to hang around the dealership to negotiate. I must be getting old I didn't let these little things slip by me for my last two cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

The Admin fee is usually there, but sometimes it can be negotiated away, and other times, not. Depends on which dealership and how good you are and want to press. It is more common to be given up by US dealers than Cdn dealers.

Nitrogen in the tires is just a gimmick AFAIK. I would not pay for that. My dealership has not gone to that (yet). Unless we are talking race vehicles and super high speeds, there is no benefit to nitrogen in the tires.
      11-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

My deal originally had a $250 admin fee attached, but managed to get it waived. As far as I could tell (on my final bill of sale), the $250 hadn't been worked back into the price of the car. This was my second bmw from the same dealer, so perhaps they let it slide b/c of that.

While I had nitro in the tires, there was no charge or mention of that on the bill of sale.

Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
BBMk
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 BMW newbie

Yeah. I tend to agree admin fee should not be there and nitro charge is kind of strange... considering I left them $1k over dealer invoice.

Kudos to you. That's nearly an extra $500 bucks squeezed into the deal with those charges.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMk View Post
...They also charge me for $75 Nitrogen gas for the tires. ...
You might want to read this thread.

Most US dealers only cheat their customers out of $25 for the useless nitrogen gas fill up. Your's is being especially greedy. I'd call that a double ripoff.

You have my sincere condolences!

Maybe it's time to update Shakespeare's famous line from "King Henry VI, Part-II, Scene-2" to read: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers, politicians and car salesmen".
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
paul386
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
You might want to read this thread.

Most US dealers only cheat their customers out of $25 for the useless nitrogen gas fill up. Your's is being especially greedy. I'd call that a double ripoff.

You have my sincere condolences!

Maybe it's time to update Shakespeare's famous line from "King Henry VI, Part-II, Scene-2" to read: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers, politicians and car salesmen".
I call it a triple ripoff...
Appreciate 0