BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Profile Settings Override the Memory Settings?

This may have been covered before so I apologize in advance if so.

Recently wife drove my F25 using my key and made her own seat and mirror adjustments. I figured I could get my preferred profile back by pressing the Memory 1 button which I had programmed. No such luck. Now if I move the seat and mirrors to my liking and press the Memory 1 button; everything goes back to my wife’s setting. Is this supposed to happen or is this another example of the problems that I’ve been experiencing with the memory features in my F25? See my other post.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...light=homelink
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Are you holding the memory store button first before selecting the storage button to memorize settings?
      06-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

As Nahoa has said, there's a difference between storing and retrieval. You don't touch M to retrieve, only to store.

I don't usually have any problems with it and my wife shares the car but a couple of times she has said that she's lost her seat position. I think if you only ever drive with your own key it's OK, but if you change the seat on your wife's key because you're driving on her key, it remembers your last seat position when she next gets in. If she then attempts to put it back to position 1, she can accidentally overwrite position 1 with the seat's current position. Or maybe there's a bug in there somewhere

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Are you holding the memory store button first before selecting the storage button to memorize settings?
I did. And I press the memory 1 button to retrieve my settings. For some reason after my wife drove it, her settings were saved to the memory 1 button. It’s possible that as she was fumbling to adjust the seat; she inadvertently saved over memory setting.
Appreciate 0