BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
Hi Viking,

I have sun blinds now on my 3-series, but after hiring a car on hol. with rear sun protection glass, I decided on that, instead of blinds.

Was curious if you thought both really need/worthwhile? I guess you do, since you've ordered But would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.
I ordered both as well (blinds are part of the cc package on my order). Bimmer UK has some experience and recommended that for children you still had blinds as well.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Another one to add (and you won't like it!). Guy I work with's Dad ordered 6 weeks after me (6 Dec) and is picking his up today!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I ordered both as well (blinds are part of the cc package on my order). Bimmer UK has some experience and recommended that for children you still had blinds as well.
Sun glass does not keep direct sun out of the eyes of a little one (the factory tint in not very dark)

I went for Sun glass for styling and blinds for sun protection for my son

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #26
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

Quote:
Welcome to the forum Viking. Very nice spec and good choice of colours

First UK order I've seen with VDC I think. Did you test drive one with VDC? I was in two minds and wasn't sure if the sport settings were worthwhile in the 2 litre. Also, no-one seems to know if Normal mode in VDC gives a smoother ride than an X3 with no VDC. Hope I don't rue the decision to leave it out.

You're quite near me. Is that a Cooper Reading order?
Correct Cooper Reading. Nope not tested VDC, but like the idea of being able to stiffen up the suspention on the motorway run. Have been driving a Sport Suspention Altea XL for past 4 years, and a Cupra before that, and have had enough of the bone shaking on the UK roads.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #27
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
Hi Viking,

I have sun blinds now on my 3-series, but after hiring a car on hol. with rear sun protection glass, I decided on that, instead of blinds.

Was curious if you thought both really need/worthwhile? I guess you do, since you've ordered But would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.
I have tinted glass on my current car plus sun blinds, but with little ones in the back the sun blinds add the extra protection from the sun glare, and lights at night.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #28
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

Quote:
Another one to add (and you won't like it!). Guy I work with's Dad ordered 6 weeks after me (6 Dec) and is picking his up today!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
Correct Cooper Reading. Nope not tested VDC, but like the idea of being able to stiffen up the suspention on the motorway run. Have been driving a Sport Suspention Altea XL for past 4 years, and a Cupra before that, and have had enough of the bone shaking on the UK roads.
VDC could be shrewd move.

Mine should be at Cooper Reading in a week or so. Same colours outside and in as what you've ordered.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #30
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
VDC could be shrewd move.

Mine should be at Cooper Reading in a week or so. Same colours outside and in as what you've ordered.
Fingers crossed for ya for a week. Keep us updated when you get it, and what you think of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yep sfax I have to report that you have been so informative on this forum that your firsthand feedback on delivery is going to be gospel stuff so can't wait to hear from you post delivery. Deep joy!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #32
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Yep sfax I have to report that you have been so informative on this forum that your firsthand feedback on delivery is going to be gospel stuff so can't wait to hear from you post delivery. Deep joy!
Thanks but I think other members provide much more valuable information and I've learned a lot from them. I'm more chatterbox than oracle!

My wife has been driven nuts by the amount of time I've spent looking at this forum and generally X3 stuff. She thought it would all end in Oct when the order was placed. That was just the beginning! She's mentioned counselling....

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #33
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks but I think other members provide much more valuable information and I've learned a lot from them. I'm more chatterbox than oracle!

My wife has been driven nuts by the amount of time I've spent looking at this forum and generally X3 stuff. She thought it would all end in Oct when the order was placed. That was just the beginning! She's mentioned counselling....
Another romantic night on xbimmers

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #34
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

14 Feb? There was something in my calendar wasn't there? Oh yes, now I remember. My X3 arrives in the UK today

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

14 Feb? There was something in my calendar wasn't there? Oh yes, now I remember. My X3 arrives in the UK today
Last of the romantics

Chicken Tikka Korai and champagne for us

Mine goes into production 21st Feb

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #36
myla
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Orderd mine 17/10/2010, still got estimated delivery of 1st week of March, Left the factory last week of JAN!
Deep sea Blue,Beige Leather,Prof Media Pack,Visibilty pack,Access pack,electric seats,Dynamic pack, Auto,Xline,Heated setas,
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #37
cfranklin001
Colin London
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo C70

Almost three months added to my delivery time

I ordered my X3 in the second week in Jan 2011. Was quoted a delivery date by the end of May and then radio silence from my dealer. I chased them this weekend to find out my salesman has left the company and the delivery date is now August! What can i do guys? I wanted the car for my holiday in July!!

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #38
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfranklin001 View Post
I ordered my X3 in the second week in Jan 2011. Was quoted a delivery date by the end of May and then radio silence from my dealer. I chased them this weekend to find out my salesman has left the company and the delivery date is now August! What can i do guys? I wanted the car for my holiday in July!!

Not much I'm afraid unless you count getting your £1,000 deposit back and walking away with nothing as a solution - I'm sure you're entitled to do this if they change the delivery date by so much. If it's mid August you should demand they hold it and register it on Sept 1 too.

I would take the hit but push for some free accessories, floor mats, snap-in adaptor for your phone, full tank of fuel * but you won't be able to change that allocation and therefore the delivery date for love nor money.

* I chose these examples as they were exactly what I got after a dealership foul up

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #39
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myla View Post
Orderd mine 17/10/2010, still got estimated delivery of 1st week of March, Left the factory last week of JAN!
Deep sea Blue,Beige Leather,Prof Media Pack,Visibilty pack,Access pack,electric seats,Dynamic pack, Auto,Xline,Heated setas,
Did you pick up? Any feedback? Any photos?

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #40
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Ordered 30th Dec ETA Early July ( won't hold my breath )
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11

Last edited by AJWilson; 03-16-2011 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0