BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
BahnRaider
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25) 2.0D SE Auto

Workshop Question: removing/replacing headlamp units

My F25 is currently fitted with LHD (Continental) headlamps. I am moving back to the UK and need to swap my LHD units for my RHD (UK) lamp units.
They are standard units. No adaptive or xenon bollocks.

It looks like they are held in place by two star bolts at the top, but I can't see any other fixings.
My old jeep was one bolt, then they just pulled & popped out. 10 minutes Job. I had an astra that required the bumper off, which was a 30 minute job.

Does anyone know how to remove them? or even better still have access to the workshop manual?

I am reluctant go to my local BMW garage as they want 150euro, and I begrudge paying that 2 reasons, firstly its probably a 10-20 minute job and secondly German garages are largely a rip off.