BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #23
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Its done !

I have done the 3m protection film, it looks OK

Its very invisable, there is a joint for the lower lid as the 3m film is not wide enough, its hardly noticable and looks original.

The guy from 3m went to the dealer to template my car as a kit is not on the market yet, it will be now as he will send the template to all the 3m dealer in the UK ..

He is the guy responsible for fixing and templating the film for the lambo in this week's Top Gear!

He is very professional and template & fix film for francise dealer.

As its still very newly fitted, I am still waiting to see what protection it offer and the logevity of it, however, it should be good, as it was recommended by most members in this forum.

If you need the dealer info, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #24
PPonU
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
I have done the 3m protection film, it looks OK

Its very invisable, there is a joint for the lower lid as the 3m film is not wide enough, its hardly noticable and looks original.

The guy from 3m went to the dealer to template my car as a kit is not on the market yet, it will be now as he will send the template to all the 3m dealer in the UK ..

He is the guy responsible for fixing and templating the film for the lambo in this week's Top Gear!

He is very professional and template & fix film for francise dealer.

As its still very newly fitted, I am still waiting to see what protection it offer and the logevity of it, however, it should be good, as it was recommended by most members in this forum.

If you need the dealer info, let me know.

Do you have the MSport and is that why he needed to make a template as in North American we have yet to see a template show up. Xpel is the company in US that makes most of the templates and they search the Austin Texas BMW dealership for inventory to make their templates and have yet to find an MSport yet, any memebers in Austin have an Msport they would be willing to have a template made from their car?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #25
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

It's an Msport
Ventureshield made a template for my car specially and took 90 mins ( just for the front bumper as rest of the car is the same as SE and available)
The guy from ventureshield said he will input the template for other dealer to us in the I'm
However , I am unsure about us as it may be own by different company
The Msport front bumper is very tricky to template and fit as there are too many curves and creases especially when you have parking sensors and headlight washers
I also fit the film for the headlights
Appreciate 0