BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Maintenance Program Upgrade Pricing

Upon taking delivery of your '11 X3, had anyone been able to negotiate the pricing of the maintenance program upgrade which extends the program to 6 years 100K miles? "Standard" pricing per the BMWUSA site is $2095 but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to either a) get the pricing down, or b) get a better finance rate as a result of buying the upgrade program.

On other vehicles I've purchased I've been able to get either one or both of those and just curious to see what everyone here has been able to do.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

What would be the expected maintenance costs, if done by bmw, for years 4-6 ?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

A. I didn't try negotiating the maintenance program because from what I've gathered the program is grossly overpriced. This is the 1st car I've actually owned but 1 year service after initial purchase seems a bit much (15,000 miles), most likely I'll get it serviced before that. For reference in 4 years of having 2 Mercedes I've serviced the cars 6-8 times, perhaps BMW has better workmanship or uses better oil.

B. Paid in full so no financing discount from program upgrade.

Not to say that the upgraded program isn't good since you need to have the car service eventually but the only programs I'll consider are the tire insurance and extended warranty. The tire insurance is only available at the time of purchase but extended warranty can be bought any time before the end your normal 4 year one.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
A. I didn't try negotiating the maintenance program because from what I've gathered the program is grossly overpriced. This is the 1st car I've actually owned but 1 year service after initial purchase seems a bit much (15,000 miles), most likely I'll get it serviced before that. For reference in 4 years of having 2 Mercedes I've serviced the cars 6-8 times, perhaps BMW has better workmanship or uses better oil.

B. Paid in full so no financing discount from program upgrade.

Not to say that the upgraded program isn't good since you need to have the car service eventually but the only programs I'll consider are the tire insurance and extended warranty. The tire insurance is only available at the time of purchase but extended warranty can be bought any time before the end your normal 4 year one.
Ok so that makes complete sense...I was under the impression that the maintenance program upgrade also extended the factory warranty to 6 years and 100K miles...is that not the case? If this is just maintenance than 2100 is WAY overpriced...are you saying that this is an option plus there is another option for extended warranty? If so how much is that?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Maintenance and warranty would be around $4k for years 5 and 6.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Maintenance and warranty would be around $4k for years 5 and 6.
Gotcha thanks...I assume then if I wasn't interested in maintenance then the warranty would be about another 2K?
Appreciate 0