BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
ClampThurst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4-Silverstone, 2017 X3

X drive four wheel spin on lift

Hello all, I'm looking to diagnose a drive-train noise by putting my F25 on a lift and spinning all four wheels upto 50-60 MPH and listen to where the noise is coming from(diagnosing while driving has not yielded results). When I put it on the lift and turn traction control completely off(yes held the button for more than 10 seconds) the ABS freaks out applying differential brakes and interrupting power. Does anyone know what the procedure is to get the vehicle to spin its wheels freely for diagnosis purposes. Im sure somewhere in a manual there is either a procedure or a series of fuse removals that allows this to happen. THANK!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 05:59 AM   #2
HPR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 35i M Sport

Have you tried it without disabling traction control?

I recently changed transmission fluid and the procedure calls for new fluid to be installed at a specific temperature and the transmission to be run through it's gears. Car was on jack stands and was run through the gears up to about 65 MPH both manually and in automatic mode with no ABS or other driveline problems.
      12-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
ClampThurst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4-Silverstone, 2017 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPR View Post
Have you tried it without disabling traction control?

I recently changed transmission fluid and the procedure calls for new fluid to be installed at a specific temperature and the transmission to be run through it's gears. Car was on jack stands and was run through the gears up to about 65 MPH both manually and in automatic mode with no ABS or other driveline problems.
Yes I did!
Appreciate 0