BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
groovyone789
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 xdrive40i

Locking without Anti-theft warning

So I know when you use the BMW remote app the anti-theft warning doesn't activate. Is there any way to do this quicker, from the car?

The reason I ask is I occasionally take long roadtrips just me and my dog. For the 2 minutes I run to the bathroom at gas station I want to be able to lock her in the car (never longer than that, don't worry). However, last time I did this she set off the anti-theft warning.

I've got lots of stuff in the car so I don't want to leave it unlocked. But it takes just as long for the BMW app to send the lock signal as it does for me to run inside.

Any simple solutions for this? I've tried manually pressing down the lock on the door.

BTW, I have the keyless access.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

You can use the central locking button. You must have the driver door closed, or the car won't lock. Have the passenger door or one of the rear doors open, reach up to the dash and press the central locking button and then get out and close the door. You'll then unlock the car with the key fob.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
SoDigito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16%E2%80%99 X6 / 10%E2%80%99 5

You need to press the lock button on your key fob a second time after locking your vehicle to turn off the tilt and interior motion sensors. Refer to page 42 of the BMW manual for more details.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDigito
You need to press the lock button on your key fob a second time after locking your vehicle to turn off the tilt and interior motion sensors. Refer to page 42 of the BMW manual for more details.
Yes, this is the fastest way. The light in the clown nose underneath the mirror will flash a peculiar pattern when the motion sensor is deactivated in this way.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7;13*****5
Yes, this is the fastest way. The light in the clown nose underneath the mirror will flash a peculiar pattern when the motion sensor is deactivated in this way.

Love your description. Clown nose is a new one for me. Thanks.
Appreciate 0