BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
drtdvl
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan, X3 35i, Tacoma

X3 Storage Compartment Package (Canadian)

In my Cdn ordered X3, I have the Storage Compartment Package which came with a storage net among other things. I have been trying to figure out how to install the rectangular net - the one where you place items in the top.

It looks like one of the nets you should install at the back of the vehicle but there are no rings to hook on to.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdvl View Post
In my Cdn ordered X3, I have the Storage Compartment Package which came with a storage net among other things. I have been trying to figure out how to install the rectangular net - the one where you place items in the top.

It looks like one of the nets you should install at the back of the vehicle but there are no rings to hook on to.

Any ideas?
Do you have the package that includes the floor rails? If so there are (4) sliding anchors (rings) in a tray under the floor panel.
I thought the included net was to hold stuff down to the floor to keep it from sliding around.

The plain old "standard" floor has (4) fixed fold-down rings.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
drtdvl
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan, X3 35i, Tacoma

Thanks Lotus7 - I'm such a bonehead!!! I do have the floor rails with the sliding rings.

After looking at it again, i realized that the net connects to the four rings. The net is more like a rectangular sack so I guess the idea is that you can stuff items inside the sack while it is anchored to the rings.

In my other SUVs (4Runner, RDX, X-Trail), this style of net sits vertically across the hatch.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdvl View Post
In my other SUVs (4Runner, RDX, X-Trail), this style of net sits vertically across the hatch.
You can do this with yours too:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...zyN2Vwpl66pstQ

Look for the video called "Cargo Area"

For those considering it: The storage compartment package is a great value. It comes with an additional glove box on the driver's side, lots of other storage nets throughout the vehicle, the trunk rails, and other stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Storage pack looks very handy.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0