BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
tomegun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528, 428 GC

Garage List
2014 BMW 528i  [0.00]
System Error; what will the dealer say?

Today I decided to do the direct wire (radar detector) on my wife's car. Well, in the process of finding the right fuse, the system restraint error/notification popped up. I used the add-a-fuse thing from Autozone.

The detector is wired, but the error is still there and must be cleared by the dealership. What do you think they will say? There isn't a blown fuse; I checked.

I did my 128 without incident, but the forum had a thread so I knew exactly what fuse to use.

I'm just wondering if reseting this will required opening the panel up and they will see that I added something. I know they could simply look up and see that I wired the radar detector.

This is bothering me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Today I decided to do the direct wire (radar detector) on my wife's car. Well, in the process of finding the right fuse, the system restraint error/notification popped up. I used the add-a-fuse thing from Autozone.

The detector is wired, but the error is still there and must be cleared by the dealership. What do you think they will say? There isn't a blown fuse; I checked.

I did my 128 without incident, but the forum had a thread so I knew exactly what fuse to use.

I'm just wondering if reseting this will required opening the panel up and they will see that I added something. I know they could simply look up and see that I wired the radar detector.

This is bothering me.
Restore everything back the way it was. If there is still an issue, refer to the dealer.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0