BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
dwkl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

BMW Connected Drive Portal for US Customers

Does anybody know if there is a BMW Connected Drive Portal for US Customers? I have found the one in Europe, which allows owners with the right service plan to setup their email and allow them to view it in their car under BMW Connected Drive.

I cannot find the portal for the US customers and I'm wandering if anyone knows if we will get the same functionality as the European customers? I have an iPhone so I'm not able to use the BMW Office features to read email or SMS messages.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkl View Post
Does anybody know if there is a BMW Connected Drive Portal for US Customers? I have found the one in Europe, which allows owners with the right service plan to setup their email and allow them to view it in their car under BMW Connected Drive.

I cannot find the portal for the US customers and I'm wandering if anyone knows if we will get the same functionality as the European customers? I have an iPhone so I'm not able to use the BMW Office features to read email or SMS messages.

Thanks!!
I am not aware of any portal to setup email of your own to be visible on Nav Screen (may be a new version of BMW Apps supports it). I know BMW Assist plan with $199 annual subscription in USA can be used for Google Search, Weather etc but emails can only be synched through phone if phone supports MAP. iPhone currently does not support MAP, so you will not be able to get mails, Calendars and text messages to your Nav Screen.

Currently free Assist plan in US allows you to send mail from Google Maps to Nav as a location message which can be used by Nav app. This is based on your email setup with the dealer.

There is an iPhone free App called BMW Connected Drive, you can download it on your phone and can get Web Radio through Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
scs-X3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

You can get calendar events on the NAV screen using the BMW connected app. Hoping they will add email and SMS soon, since I would not hold my breadth of Apple adding the MAP profile anytime soon.

I use the BMW remote app on my iphone to send to car from google maps all the time, the problem is that you have to setup a European iTunes acct to download it. See this thread http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ght=BMW+remote
Appreciate 0