BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Robocheme
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i, 2014 X1 sDrive

Anyone have an X3 w/ Mojave leather in the SF Bay Area?

We're about to pull the trigger, but we can't find an X3 with Mojave leather to look at. The pictures that I've seen on this and other forums are all accompanied with a description that this doesn't really represent the true color. Our dealer didn't have an X3 with Mojave and she checked the database and the closest one is in Southern California.

So, if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, have a X3 with Mojave leather, and wouldn't mind my wife and I coming to look at it, please PM me.

Thanks,

Cliff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
thrasher-b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2012 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
I have mojave nevada with titanium silver metallic exterior. I think it looks great - I plan to post some pics of mine soon. I did get a chance to see one in dealer inventory before I ordered and I took a couple of pics of it with my blackberry (below). They are grainy but I think they are pretty true to the tone of the actual color. A couple of things you should know - it is lighter than you think, or at least a lot lighter than the swatch my dealer had, and lighter than the picture in the brochure. Also, there is only leather on the seats, armrests and a panel in the door around the handle - so it will have quite a bit of black trim surrounding it. Therefore, it won't match the dash like black or beige. But, I ordered it knowing this and still really, really like it. I think it goes very well with the blue, gray or silver exteriors.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Robocheme
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the pics. It's quite a bit lighter than I thought.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
bbmertz
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocheme View Post
Our dealer didn't have an X3 with Mojave and she checked the database and the closest one is in Southern California.
Do you recall which dealership had the Mohave leather in So Cal? I'm interested in seeing this interior in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Robocheme
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
Do you recall which dealership had the Mohave leather in So Cal? I'm interested in seeing this interior in person.
She mentioned Santa Ana, IIRC. Just out of curiosity, I checked their inventory and they didnt' show any Mojave equipped X3s.
Appreciate 0