BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #1
pole1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 & BMW X1 F48

Check Engine in Thassos, stressed out

Guys, I am in vacation in Greece, and my X3 (2016 2.0d) just thrown a check engine light right after I fueled at a gas station in Bulgaria.

I since traveled about 50 miles, the car drives perfectly normal, but the light is still on.

Now I have to live with this for the next 2 weeks as I will ferry to Thassos in an hour and the idea of this is stressing the hell out of me, as I planned to visit around the island with the car not to mention getting back home (about 800 km) after 2 weeks.

Should I worry this much or just forget about it? What could have happened? It lit up just 5 mins after fueling.

I checked the fuel cap, it seems to be seated ok. Car runs 100% fine with no hesitation or shudder or whatever, was also just serviced and checked for errors and had none whatsoever.

I dunno, it's shit like this that can ruin a vacation... give me hope guys
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 01:43 AM   #2
Bdavi011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 3.5i

If it is driving fine and not leaking anything. It could very well just be a gas cap. Maybe it wasn't seated 100% then you drove. Check engine came on. Make sure it's seated well and enjoy your vacation.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 04:01 AM   #3
pole1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 & BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdavi011 View Post
If it is driving fine and not leaking anything. It could very well just be a gas cap. Maybe it wasn't seated 100% then you drove. Check engine came on. Make sure it's seated well and enjoy your vacation.
I think this was the problem, it turned off after I fiddled with the gas cap. Thanks!
Appreciate 0