BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-01-2016, 12:56 AM   #23
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Andy, best inside analysis so far.

At this end, after first shock, we are back with business, almost, as usual.

It is generally thought that the UK will, to some extent, suffer financially but regain some lost independence. And, possibly, have less refugees.

For EU there are two possibel outcomes:
-more countries leaving, which would, probably, not be good.
-EU officials will come to their sences and skip some of the idiotic rules/activities - which would obviously be good. One of the idiotic activities being transporting all people and truckloads of material once a month to France for a 4 day session - costing billions of EUR/year.

Edit; I forgot: my X4 35i, LHD (we converted 1963), H&R and Klappenshalldämpfer is a beaut and goes like a rocket

Last edited by Tjalle; 07-01-2016 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2016, 04:45 AM   #24
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

I think Andy_o has summed things up very well and I agree with his sentiments.

This whole thing will rumble on for some time and at present, the outcome is by no means certain and will depend upon who the next Tory leader is.

In any event, this has been a much needed shake-up for the EU bureaucrats whom I think had forgotten that they are there to serve the people and not themselves.

Tjalle, I don't think there will be fewer refugee's coming into Britain, but perhaps fewer EU citizens if the UK really does leave the EU.

Economically a lot is going to depend on how much Carney decides to punish investors. It is a shame that we cannot vote on who is in charge of the Bank of England.

Interestingly, our US clients who were previously worried about the UK leaving the EU are now saying that Britain could become the 51st State of the US. If that means I can get a new car at US prices, that would be nice!
Appreciate 0