BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
sriniC
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

cargo cover edge wet after rain..

My cargo cover is pulled all the way back. After the last weeks rain, I noticed the cargo cover close to the tail gate is wet. For now, i released the cargo cover towards the rear seat. Going to call the dealer tomorrow, did any body notice this before? 2015 BMW X3 35i.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:16 AM   #2
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniC View Post
My cargo cover is pulled all the way back. After the last weeks rain, I noticed the cargo cover close to the tail gate is wet. For now, i released the cargo cover towards the rear seat. Going to call the dealer tomorrow, did any body notice this before? 2015 BMW X3 35i.
I know on my X3 (2012, but I'm sure there is very little difference between the two) when you open the boot after it's rained some water does drip down on to the cargo cover as the tailgate lifts, so I guess it depends on whether you know for sure that this isn't the case.
Maybe you can check the cargo cover after it's rained by checking it from the backseats, rather than lifting the tailgate?
Either way I would keep the cargo cover closed for now, as I would rather that got wet than the boot carpet.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 02:56 AM   #3
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petex3 View Post
I know on my X3 (2012, but I'm sure there is very little difference between the two) when you open the boot after it's rained some water does drip down on to the cargo cover as the tailgate lifts, so I guess it depends on whether you know for sure that this isn't the case.
Either way I would keep the cargo cover closed for now, as I would rather that got wet than the boot carpet.
+1
The water comes from the back of the boot as it rises up it drips onto the cargo cover on each side....
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 04:45 AM   #4
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Me too - I certainly noticed that after a lot of rain quite a lot of water pours down very near the inside of the boot. Always surprised it doesn't pour into car. However if parcel shelf pulled out I could easily see it getting splashed.

You might not have noticed water channeling down if you have auto boot as normally in car or further away
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
The water comes from the back of the boot as it rises up it drips onto the cargo cover on each side....
It seems like a common occurrence.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #6
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
It seems like a common occurrence.
Yes, virtually always notice water dripping onto the metal edge of the load area when opening the boot when wet
      01-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #7
sriniC
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Thanks all. After looking at tail gate open and cargo cover extension, I am on same page with you. It should be water dripping from the tail gate open. Thanks for clarifying on this. Saved me a trip to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 03:52 AM   #8
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

good that its "sorted" - This was our first BMW and so we had a lot to take in.... so many little nuances ... whats we now find really cool is when we do look at other BMWs in the show room so much falls into place easily. Enjoy the fun..
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0