BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #1827
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Good luck Horsey, hope it ges well. Enjoy your day.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #1828
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3
Good luck Horsey, hope it ges well. Enjoy your day.
Thanks
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #1829
redonebe
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D

Garage List
2012 BMW X3  [0.00]
2010 BMW 116D  [0.00]
Horsey, hope you enjoy it as much as i did last week. But with all the options and all that power you will enjoy it twice as much.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1830
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Let the angels sing... Horsey's car has arrived.

Based on your earlier post I don't know who will be happier, you or your dealership.
      06-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #1831
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

[QUOTE=Horsey;12093298]I won't know for sure till Wednesday morning, but if it comes I on the transporter to the dealer I will have by close of play Wed.
QUOTE]

Have you emailed and called the dealer already Horsey? Hope it is delivered today and if so given the options you have, you might be there all night with the handover ;-)

Enjoy it

Am hoping to get the news that my car will be ready by the weekend .. Fingers crossed .. having waited so long I think another few days wont hurt
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #1832
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

You should be almost able to smell that X3 now Horsey!
      06-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #1833
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer
You should be almost able to smell that X3 now Horsey!
Dealer called me this morning.

Car is apparently on its way to the dealer ...

I have a tent and am camping outside the dealership waiting for the transporter to arrive.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #1834
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Dealer called me this morning.

Car is apparently on its way to the dealer ...

I have a tent and am camping outside the dealership waiting for the transporter to arrive.
You should make it on TV...

... standing in the rain with a tent outside the local stealer would attract unwanted reporters assuming you had a complaint - rather than an impatient owner in-waiting. Did you print a check list for all those options? You will need a day parked on your drive to familiarize and test all those buttons. Don't forget to look out the window when moving forward, all that tech wont stop you crashing.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #1835
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
LOL, if you had done that a month ago your X3 would have arrived much sooner!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #1836
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Did you print a check list for all those options? You will need a day parked on your drive to familiarize and test all those buttons.
With BMW's convoluted economy systems, the battery will probably go flat before I get to test any toys.

I still don't know when the X3 decides when to charge the battery and when it thinks it should wait because it wants to save fuel.

I would have assumed that when the battery was low it would charge no matter what, but I get the feeling that this is not the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Don't forget to look out the window when moving forward, all that tech wont stop you crashing.
Did you read my blog post about the Evoque's unique "Crash Assist" feature? ... I think they call it park assist.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #1837
x3driverUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D

This thread has been completely hijacked.

I'm so sick of reading insistent posts of complete garbage whilst Horsey waits for his car.

I really pitty your dealer as you sound like a right pain in the a##.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #1838
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3driverUK View Post
This thread has been completely hijacked.
I don’t disagree that a dedicated thread might have been more considerate in some contexts after the event - who knew there would be so much chit chat, but nonetheless I still think most of it is on topic and relevant.
Quote:
I'm so sick of reading insistent posts of complete garbage whilst Horsey waits for his car.
I had not seen "insistent" used in that context before, you learn something new every day.

It’s funny how the little things can bring a smile to your face and help pass the time.
Quote:
I really pitty your dealer
You may well be right there ...
Quote:
... as you sound like a right pain in the a##.
I like to think I have some good qualities as well.

I am sorry you have not enjoyed my contribution, if it’s any consolation the waiting will hopefully soon be over and instead I suspect you can look forward to numerous insistent posts relating less to the waiting for my car and more to do with its actual presence.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #1839
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don’t disagree that a dedicated thread might have been more considerate in some contexts after the event - who knew there would be so much chit chat, but nonetheless I still think most of it is on topic and relevant.

I had not seen "insistent" used in that context before, you learn something new every day.

It’s funny how the little things can bring a smile to your face and help pass the time.

You may well be right there ...

I like to think I have some good qualities as well.

I am sorry you have not enjoyed my contribution, if it’s any consolation the waiting will hopefully soon be over and instead I suspect you can look forward to numerous insistent posts relating less to the waiting for my car and more to do with its actual presence.
Meh. Take no notice. There's many many others who have enjoyed the updates and stats provided by Horsey whilst waiting.

It seems that X3driverUK is lucky enough to already have his/her X3 whilst others, including myself, are still having to wait. This forum is about all things X3 and I think we are lucky to have someone who contributes so much to it . Looking at X3driverUK's posts on here, this is an accusation that most certainly cannot be levied at him/her.

Now, back to the thread - any sign of that car transporter yet?!
      06-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #1840
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Good luck Horsey.... if you love it half as much as we do then you will be well pleased.

x3driverUK seems to have only post 3 times and all moaning ones... shame we cant get some useful feedback or input from him!

Im just off to the South of France for my hols and very much looking froward to enjoying my X3 on a long road trip.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #1841
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
Good luck Horsey.... if you love it half as much as we do then you will be well pleased.
Thanks, very excited.

Quote:
x3driverUK seems to have only post 3 times and all moaning ones... shame we cant get some useful feedback or input from him!
And they are all in response to posts by me ...

Quote:
Im just off to the South of France for my hols and very much looking froward to enjoying my X3 on a long road trip.
Now thats sounds like a cool plan!

Hope the weather is good, and enjoy the X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1842
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Just had a call from the dealer ... or one of their underlings ...

Do you think they are trying to avoid me ... I wonder if it has anything to do with the effortless light touch I have applied to this engagement ...

Anyway, car is confirmed at the dealer ... but they have asked for me to delay collection till 5pm as they have a lot of prep work to do ...

... either that or they are trying to limit the time I can spend with them as they close at 6pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C++ View Post
I am at last ready to collect my new X3 at 4pm this afternoon! hope the rain stops
Looks like 76C++ gets theirs first ... and a 35D M-Sport to boot ... not sure what colour though ... I will gnaw my hand off if its white!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #1843
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Anyway, car is confirmed at the dealer ... but they have asked for me to delay collection till 5pm as they have a lot of prep work to do ...
Even they've got to brush up on some of the options you ticked
      06-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #1844
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Meh. Take no notice. There's many many others who have enjoyed the updates and stats provided by Horsey whilst waiting.

Second that. Definitely been much more enjoyable having a bit of chit chat while I wait for the car ... moreover the stats provided by Horsey have been interesting to say the least.

Handover in an hour with all your options list .. huh? thats not right... that will get you through how to start the car !

Last edited by swfrom07; 06-06-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #1845
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

I personally love Horsey's updates and his other input has been incredibly interesting too!

(I am tuning in from holiday in LA to follow his progress...)

QT
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #1846
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
I personally love Horsey's updates and his other input has been incredibly interesting too!

(I am tuning in from holiday in LA to follow his progress...)

QT

Shouldve gone to South Carolina to get a preview of your car too
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #1847
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just walking to the tube on my way ...

Irritated that I wont be able to post pics from the iPhone as it happens!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1848
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

Quote:

plymjack - Where to are you going to the south of France, and do you feel comfortable taking it down there. I have had some problem in the past in the Nice area.
Anyway enjoy your trip.
Appreciate 0