BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

615 online information services?

for the US, what does this do? I have seen information mentioning google local search, weather, stock, and sports updates through it and some other things, is this service free or is there a monthly fee? Basically is this like Sirius radio where you just are paying to get the option and then have to pay to maintain it, or is this like the traffic information where its free for 4 years?

While on the subject, is mobile office with BMW assist also a monthly fee?

is there anyone who has and uses these features?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

The 615 online information services is part of the BMW Connivence package (extra from standard BMW Assist), which is an extra $199/year. I have this service on my 2011 E93is which is a 9/10 build and has the new combox feature. The BMW Connivence package will allow you to use google search, stock quotes, news (sports, business, national, world), weather and local gas prices in your area that you are currently driving in. I believe that it works on the Verizon network, as this was unable to be activated in Germany when I did my ED.

The BMW Mobile Office is free and is a menu within iDrive. This works via bluetooth and transfers your contacts and calendar events to the iDrive system when paired. However, to use the 'push' e-mail and text messaging feature, your mobile phone has to have the MAP bluetooth profile. I believe that only the blackberry torch has this currently in the US.
Appreciate 0