BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
HighPlainsCruiser
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 XDrive35i

2 Years In

I've been driving this 2013 X3 for two years now. The only mechanical problem I've experienced is the common Moonroof Creak starting in the lower 40 degrees F, I've yet to try the stick-on rubber pads from Staples fix, I guess it may work.
Love the handling and acceleration, though part of me yearns for more than a SAV.
Major gripe is that BMW needs to embrace the world of software. Apparently the operating system your car comes with is the one it will have when it goes to the crusher. There are people running around doing their own changes to show tire pressure as PSI instead of colors, etc. BMW should be on top of this and offering it to everyone.
Another gripe I've had is that on more than one occasion I've talked with people at the dealership who are involved with maintenance and when you try discussing topics that are very well know on this forum they've never heard about it before and know nothing about anything.
Recently I sat in a few other models at the dealership. I think the interior of the X3 is the best of any model I've been in- there's something about the display being on top of the dashboard in most other models like a drive-in theater screen that I don't like. The X4 looks interesting but it seems an example of non-functional architecture, I'm 6 feet and my head hits the roof when sitting in the back seat, no adjustment is possible, I guess if you have short friends its OK. The X1 model without the display screen looks like they're using cheap plastic for the interior. The X6 looks great in the pictures, too bulky in person.
Despite my griping and having given up with doing much off road with the X3 I actually like it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
I agree, but disagree about the X6.. I personally am in love with both X3 and X6, X4 Meh.. But generally any Bimmer is better than a VW, Benz, or Audi
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

I am 6'3 don't reach X4 roof at the back, I think the proportions of your body makes a difference. On the Other hand 1st Gen X6 I have to bend down, so go figure.
Appreciate 0