BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
ozX3bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2.0d

M-sport foot rest for right hand side driving

I picked up a X3 with M-sport last weekend and found there is not a M-sport foot rest that I saw in most of the pictures here.

The dealer said BWM didn't manufacture that for the right hand side driving, and the shape of the foot rest is different on the left hand side and the right hand side, hence they can't just put the one on the left and use it on the right.

I wonder if this is that case?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozX3bimmer View Post
I picked up a X3 with M-sport last weekend and found there is not a M-sport foot rest that I saw in most of the pictures here.

The dealer said BWM didn't manufacture that for the right hand side driving, and the shape of the foot rest is different on the left hand side and the right hand side, hence they can't just put the one on the left and use it on the right.

I wonder if this is that case?

Are you saying you don't have a footrest as in this picture of a RHD ?

MS
      06-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
ozX3bimmer
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post

Are you saying you don't have a footrest as in this picture of a RHD ?

MS
It does have a footrest, but on top of it, it doesn't have the silver/aluminum M-sport plate on it. This photo from a member shown that ... http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attach...1&d=1353671386
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozX3bimmer View Post
It does have a footrest, but on top of it, it doesn't have the silver/aluminum M-sport plate on it. This photo from a member shown that ... http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attach...1&d=1353671386
I'm fairly certain that in the UK metal pedal covers are a dealer fit option, however in the brochure it only shows brake and accelerator, so maybe the footrest is not available on the RHD.

MS
      06-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
skibuddy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

I had a similar query regarding the accelerator pedal on my M Sport as it was shown in the brochure and on the PDF generated whilst using the build configurator on the BMW website. The dealer said it wasn't standard on UK spec models. However he never mentioned whether it was a dealer fit option. Not sure about the foot rest.

On the same topic someone had mentioned on another thread that the metal pedals can be slippy if you have wet or damp shoes
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
ozX3bimmer
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy View Post
I had a similar query regarding the accelerator pedal on my M Sport as it was shown in the brochure and on the PDF generated whilst using the build configurator on the BMW website. The dealer said it wasn't standard on UK spec models. However he never mentioned whether it was a dealer fit option. Not sure about the foot rest.

On the same topic someone had mentioned on another thread that the metal pedals can be slippy if you have wet or damp shoes
This may be why they offer it on the foot rest only, not the brake and accelerator. But in the case, for RHD, they don't even offer the foot rest?!
Appreciate 0