BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
Ylinen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

BMW Connected Drive APP and Nexus 6P

I got a new Nexus 6P phone with Android 6.0.1. When I connect the USB cable to the phone and try to run the Connected Drive APP, it does not connect. Tried all types of connection.

Anyone found a fix?

I also tried to update my Software in the car. When to the BMW Update site. Put in my VIN, said there was a software BIN. Put it on a USB stick and it says it is not for my car.

Wish BMW would get their act together.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
knick
Rep
Drives: 1980 633CSi

Same phone here and a '17 x335. The only connected apps that work are totally useless, Spotify doesn't work on Android. Also the update on the site does not work for me either. Was with a tech at the dealer yesterday and he confirmed it won't do anything.

I have a lot of BT problems that developed since I picked up car in October. Randomly drops music and calls and sometimes requires restarting the car and a repair to get to work again. A full delete of all preferences on the idrive made things better for a while.

I hope the idrive update will come to me but the doubt that will fix issues on a phone running brand new Android 7.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #3
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Posting to follow thread.
Appreciate 0