BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
96HellrotM3
Rep
Drives: 1996 BMW M3

2006 x3 passenger airbag sensor mat?

Hello to all newbie to this forum but can't seem to find the login info for my other ones so here I am..
I have gotten 2 tickets for failure to have state inspection on my 06 X3. It has been on the road with a dead sticker since 7/13. The reason it has not been inspected is because I have had a x-mas tree on my dash that included / includes windshield washer fluid light (current but not an issue), TPMS (cleared again), Service engine soon (work was done but codes not cleared (they are now)), brake pad light ( on because when I did my own breaks the last two times I did not spend the extra money to get new ones), and the airbag light.

I am now working at an local pepboys to where I live and luckily have access to lots of tools and knowledge. Now that being said it's not a dealership and the techs here are far from bummer fans so I am really on my own for a lot here at the moment.
I did a lot of research the other night and have found that BMW is aware of an defect in the passenger seat airbag sensor Matt now in the past I came across a little blip online and called a dealership where they said they are not aware of any recalls or defects at all on my year which is again an 2006 X3, the nhtsa complaint # is 08v384000. I have not called BMW since but will shortly seeing as how based on what I have seen so far it is in there hands to fix this issue at no cost to me.

Does anyone on here have anything they can add to this before I move foward?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
96HellrotM3
Rep
Drives: 1996 BMW M3

The NHTSA recall screenshot

Attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0