BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-04-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
brianr0_0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 f25

PDC fault

I've purchased a 2013 X3 F25 and found out the parking control doesn't work, I have no warrantee on the vehicle so can't go back to the dealer.
I've checked everything I can but all I get is a warning message on the xdrive screen saying the parking sensors are not working refer to service for rectification.
I get the car image and fans front & rear in grey and then the fault screen kicks in soon after.
Can anybody give some advise as to how this can be rectified, or is it a dealer only repair.
Also can you clarify where the PDC is located as there are various conflicting theories on BMW forums whether its in the boot or in the front passenger footwell
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr0_0 View Post
I've purchased a 2013 X3 F25 and found out the parking control doesn't work, I have no warrantee on the vehicle so can't go back to the dealer.
I've checked everything I can but all I get is a warning message on the xdrive screen saying the parking sensors are not working refer to service for rectification.
I get the car image and fans front & rear in grey and then the fault screen kicks in soon after.
Can anybody give some advise as to how this can be rectified, or is it a dealer only repair.
Also can you clarify where the PDC is located as there are various conflicting theories on BMW forums whether its in the boot or in the front passenger footwell
You can find the PDC control box by plugging in your car into realoem.com and then searching for it either by picture graphic or possibly plugging in PDC in the search field. Have you pulled any error codes from the OBD port? If so, what are they?
Appreciate 1
deeLow148.00
      06-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
brianr0_0
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
You can find the PDC control box by plugging in your car into realoem.com and then searching for it either by picture graphic or possibly plugging in PDC in the search field. Have you pulled any error codes from the OBD port? If so, what are they?
I don't have a diagnostic machine to plug into OBD, Ill have to get an auto electrician to do a diagnostic test for me, I can then get any fault codes. Hopefully It will give me all the info needed to repair the issue. Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr0_0 View Post
I don't have a diagnostic machine to plug into OBD, Ill have to get an auto electrician to do a diagnostic test for me, I can then get any fault codes. Hopefully It will give me all the info needed to repair the issue. Thanks for your help
Ok, just go to your closest auto parts store like Advanced Auto, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc and they will read the codes for you. Write them all down ..You may have more codes than those that apply to your immediate issue. Once you have the codes, go here and plug your data in to see what each code means. Be sure to also click on the "view" link on the right side of the results page for additional info on each code.

https://bmwfault.codes

You'll need to select your engine from the drop down list. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
brianr0_0
Registered
Rep

great, thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
Dano X3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Park distance control failure

2011 X3 35i The PDC started working intermittently a few months ago, but now not working at all. OBD reader shows no faults. A youtube video suggested to spray WD40 on the sensors - did not work for me. I do most mantenance on this vehicle and quite handy with tools etc. Does anyone have suggestions for diagnosing he problem, and the fix? (other than using the $BMW$ dealer)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano X3 View Post
2011 X3 35i The PDC started working intermittently a few months ago, but now not working at all. OBD reader shows no faults. A youtube video suggested to spray WD40 on the sensors - did not work for me. I do most mantenance on this vehicle and quite handy with tools etc. Does anyone have suggestions for diagnosing he problem, and the fix? (other than using the $BMW$ dealer)
I don't know if they would throw a code in all failure modes but have you narrowed it down to which sensors are not working? Is it all of them, front and back? Have you checked fuses?
Appreciate 0