BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 Z4 630iC

Norway: X5s in our street stolen night to today

One X5 stolen in our street night to today, a 30sd and another neighbours X5 almost stolen ( the screw broke in the cylinder) 30d both year 2009...
Another stolen nearby night to yesterday ( 2011 X5)

On the floor the lock cylinder was left, they had drilled a screw in the cylinder to pull it out.
But how of they bypass the alarm so fast and how do they start the car?

Is the X3 as easy to steal?

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 08-02-2012 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3andZ4owner View Post
One X5 stolen in our street night to today, a 30sd and another neighbours X5 almost stolen ( the screw broke in the cylinder) 30d both year 2009...
Another stolen nearby night to yesterday ( 2001 X5)

On the floor the lock cylinder was left, they had drilled a screw in the cylinder to pull it out.
But how of they bypass the alarm so fast and how do they start the car?

Is the X3 as easy to steal?
If you want more information on how it's done, read some of the thread here (it's 70 pages long!).

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712717

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...eys&mid=346283

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
dandanio
The one that drives!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 x3 35i/09 Jetta TDI

Being of eastern European descent, I would like you to retract what you said about the origin of the thieves. That was unnecessary and can be considered a harassment. Please do not be prejudice and everybody is innocent until proven guilty. I might add, that in your barbarian viking country it might not be the case, as you are cruel and stupid, but I won't. That's just stereotypes! Feel my pain?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
Being of eastern European descent, I would like you to retract what you said about the origin of the thieves. That was unnecessary and can be considered a harassment. Please do not be prejudice and everybody is innocent until proven guilty. I might add, that in your barbarian viking country it might not be the case, as you are cruel and stupid, but I won't. That's just stereotypes! Feel my pain?
Lithuanians arrested in the case.... Police thinks its organized...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
dandanio
The one that drives!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 x3 35i/09 Jetta TDI

Quote:
Lithuanians arrested in the case....
I am glad they got caught, but that has nothing to do with:
"XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum"
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I am glad they got caught, but that has nothing to do with:
"XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum"
Naivety is more severe than stupidity...

By the way I am of eastern european descent to..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lithuanians arrested in the case.... Police thinks its organized...
Lithuania is in Northern Europe. I think the objection (which I agree with) was based on your presumption that it was "probably Eastern Europeans". I doubt you'd have something like "it was probably blacks" and both statements are equally bad

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

When 99% of all car stealings in Norway are done by eastern europeans some people still go on whining about not to stereotype... funny..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Lithuania is in Northern Europe. I think the objection (which I agree with) was based on your presumption that it was "probably Eastern Europeans". I doubt you'd have something like "it was probably blacks" and both statements are equally bad
But saying it was whites is probably politicly correct with you?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
By the the way , I quoted the police report translated as written in the local newspaper where the the police Quote: assumed that the cars were stolen by organized eastern european gangs specialized in stealing high value BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Lets not turn this into a Pistonheads thread
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The important words you were missing from your first statement (which you strangely deleted and then defended) are organised gangs. It was probably an organised gang from eastern europe (even though they're from Northern Europe not Eastern Europe) is different to just saying it was probably eastern europeans IMO. Perhaps if you'd have just quoted the police verbatim this argument wouldn't have ensued.

Difficult to appreciate the sensitivity fully unless you live somewhere where you're in a minority and are blamed for all the world's ills. And re. whites and politically correct, it would just be a stupid thing to say given that the majority of the population are white.

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The important words you were missing from your first statement (which you strangely deleted and then defended) are organised gangs. It was probably an organised gang from eastern europe (even though they're from Northern Europe not Eastern Europe) is different to just saying it was probably eastern europeans IMO. Perhaps if you'd have just quoted the police verbatim this argument wouldn't have ensued.

Difficult to appreciate the sensitivity fully unless you live somewhere where you're in a minority and are blamed for all the world's ills. And re. whites and politically correct, it would just be a stupid thing to say given that the majority of the population are white.
1)The Baltic states

The Baltic states were widely recognised as occupied by the former Soviet Union and are EU members. They can be included in definitions of Eastern Europe in being situated between Western Europe and Russia and, geographically, in Northern Europe. However, they are generally considered Western European based on cultural, historical, and religious factors.
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania

2) FYI "Caucasian or Non Hispanic" is the politically correct term for white, "White" is politically incorrect as you would not say black!
If you state that you can say white but not black then you are discriminating whites!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
1)The Baltic states

The Baltic states were widely recognised as occupied by the former Soviet Union and are EU members. They can be included in definitions of Eastern Europe in being situated between Western Europe and Russia and, geographically, in Northern Europe. However, they are generally considered Western European based on cultural, historical, and religious factors.
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania

2) FYI "Caucasian or Non Hispanic" is the politically correct term for white, "White" is politically incorrect as you would not say black!
If you state that you can say white but not black then you are discriminating whites!
Perhaps it's lost in translation. It's nothing to do with the nomenclature you choose. It's the context. Saying "it's probably <insert word for race>" and inferring all people of that race are all criminals is why your original (deleted) comment raised an objection.

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps it's lost in translation. It's nothing to do with the nomenclature you choose. It's the context. Saying "it's probably <insert word for race>" and inferring all people of that race are all criminals is why your original (deleted) comment raised an objection.

This is getting more and more stupid an infantile , since when is eastern european a race...?

And the other thing ,that quote was made by the local police in Norway who , thanks god, has not been silenced by the politically correct left wingers, like in the UK. Here the police still call a spade a spade....

You are digging a pit for yourself that you can't get out of with reasonable explanation...

A suggestion for you sir,please try to park your car at some of your "no go zones" in your country, lets see how long it will be there ..... I bet a politically correct person as yourself does not live in the safe environment of the rich suburb without ethnical diversity and gated communities... :-)

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 08-01-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Enough is enough, lets put a STOP to the discussion on this topic as we are not going anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
since when is eastern european a race...?
So there goes all of your credibility as apparently you descend from eastern europe. As someone said, it's going nowhere and you don't even understand the words you are using

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #18
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Saying "it's probably <insert word for race>" and inferring all people of that race are all criminals is why your original (deleted) comment raised an objection.
Dear Sir

In modern times the general consensus among scientists is that theres only one race, the human race... indicating others as you do in the text above can be considered intolerant and even racistic...

But one can how ever write probable place of origin as I and the police here did. ( and I did not delete that sentence, Probably MOD did after you complained)

Quote:
So there goes all of your credibility as apparently you descend from eastern europe......
As a descent from eastern europe what race( your words) do I belong to? :-)

And I don't have any problem that the police writes that the thieves are probably from eastern europe, the main goal is to catch the thieves fast.

Have a nice day :-)

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 08-02-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #19
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

back to topic, the key from BMW is very easily copied, didn't know it was this easy.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #20
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Slavic race generally do more crimes. As does malay in my country. Its not whether we stereotyping or being racist. Sometimes its fact thats it. Undenialble.
      08-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #21
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
Slavic race generally do more crimes. As does malay in my country. Its not whether we stereotyping or being racist. Sometimes its fact thats it. Undenialble.
have you fought that this may have to do with general economic situation in that particular country and a reletavily easy access to a more wealthy neighbouring country, than belonging to a particular race/group etc? Our Norvegian colleague have mentioned lithuanian gangs active in his country - but lithuanians are not even slavic, their language is coming from a very old hindo-european language family group. Overgeneralisation is stupid.

So I could not agree that 'slavic race generally do more crime' - that could be your perception, but you could not even support it with evidence - or could you? You state this as a fact, I am not seing any fact here. BTW, I am not slavic.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #22
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney058 View Post
have you fought that this may have to do with general economic situation in that particular country and a reletavily easy access to a more wealthy neighbouring country, than belonging to a particular race/group etc? Our Norvegian colleague have mentioned lithuanian gangs active in his country - but lithuanians are not even slavic, their language is coming from a very old hindo-european language family group. Overgeneralisation is stupid.

So I could not agree that 'slavic race generally do more crime' - that could be your perception, but you could not even support it with evidence - or could you? You state this as a fact, I am not seing any fact here. BTW, I am not slavic.
I don't think slavic or other ethnic groups are more criminal ( with some exceptions) but there are differences in reaction patterns and aggressive behavior and lack of impulse control in some populations. The causes are many but religious and socioeconomic factors are some of them.

The reason Scandinavia and the west is flooded with villains from the former east block, northern africa and the middle east is due to our lavish welfare system and our naive laws, where you get ridiculous punishments for severe criminal acts, for example a murderer or rapist is often out from prison lang before an economic villain... And the prisons here are like a French 4 star hotel where you get free education and even salary...
No wonder easterneuropean villains seek themselves here, they risk almost nothing in getting caught , on the other hand in their own home countries people are more hand on and alert and sometimes take the law in their own hands (not to mention the punishment you get for stealing in the middle east)..... Its not unusual that the village people in some countries in eastern europe go together and chase the crimal or criminal family from the town....

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 08-03-2012 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 0