BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Jorn
Rep
Drives: -

Mocha leather interior, difference from previous models?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. The reason that I registered is that I have just ordered a new X3, and it looks like I am a BMW owner sometime in June. My first car!

My issue:
I have a really hard time choosing colour combination. I am going for M-sport, so that narrows it down a bit. Currently going for either Alpine or Carbon Black.
Leather interior is either Saddle Brown or Mocha.

I have tried to search for good pictures of the Mocha interior, and it looks good except for the stamping. Is there any way of getting Mocha without the stamping / coloured stitching? Can't really find much information on this yet.
Anyone here have any experience with this interior?

Also: I'm afraid of ending up with a dark car. Never been a fan of black leather seats. How will the combination of Carbon Black + Mocha + sunroof work out? Guessing it's going to feel relatively bright compared to an all black one, but I haven't seen it for myself yet.
Apologies for cross-posting, I first put this up in the LCI thread but thought perhaps that it warrants its on discussion.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Welcome!
I will be ordering a 2015 X3 M-sport as soon as the production numbers become available here in the US.

I was in the same boat as you trying to decide what color combo to get. Finally decided on the following:

Alpine White
Mocha Nevada Interior
Fineline Anthracite Wood Trim
20" M Double-spoke style 310M Wheels (sure glad to see a staggered set-up back. I like the fat rear look of my current 309's)
Adaptive LED Headlights
Fully Loaded etc...

I also wrestled with getting Carbon Black, Space Grey or the Aluminum trim.

Coming from a 2011 X3 with the Sport Package (this was before M-sport was available), I was worried about the Mojave Interior but I am really glad I got it. It is actually lighter than any of the pictures I had seen at the time. This new Mocha color seems to be a bit darker than Mojave but not by much. I am sure the contrast to the rest of the interior being black will look great.

Saddle Brown is a lot lighter. I had seen it in a 2010 X3 and it looked really good. It was not available in 2011 so I went with the Mojave. I wouldn't choose it today because IMO the Mocha looks more modern.

I think if you went either Alpine White or Carbon Black with Mocha interior, you would not be disappointed. Here are some pictures of my X3 from 2011. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8999552

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

I'd go with Saddle. You get the perks of a light interior without the dirtiness of Ivory or Oyster. I had it on my 535 and it was perfect.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Jorn
Rep
Drives: -

Thank you both for helpful information.

Kozzi, is that the same Mocha interior with stamping or do you get a different one in the US? I'm looking at these pictures and stamping can clearly be seen here:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ry/index.html#

xDrive35i, saddle brown + alpine was my first choice. But a friend of mine has put in an order for that exact combination as well, and it is also delivered in June. I can get the same, but I suspect he'll be less than happy...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
The pictures you linked are Mocha for 2015+
What I got in 2011 (I linked you photos above) was Mojave and there was no stamping like in the photos you posted. The pictures you linked I think show sport seats but it's an x-line. I was under the assumption that only m-sport got sport seats. Not a big fan of the stamping, center detail / big X by the headrest. The seats from 2011 and the LCI are not exactly the same. If your buddy already got Saddle, I would go for the Mocha.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0