BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

DHP.....=/? Dynamic Damper Control (0223)

Hi All

Just wondering is the DHP the same as Dynamic Damper Control?
I have an MSport 30D, which comes with the toggle switch for Normal, Sport and Sports+. You then can choose if you want to adjust Chassis, Transmission or Both for each setting.
From what i've read some people are getting this function by purchasing MSport options alone.
Have I been jipped by my dealer, after paying the extra $1600AUD for (0223) - Dynamic Damper Control, (which replaces M Sport Suspension).
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

My order in US includes SAP + DHP. DHP includes DDC.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by roders View Post
Hi All

I have an MSport 30D, which comes with the toggle switch for Normal, Sport and Sports+. You then can choose if you want to adjust Chassis, Transmission or Both for each setting.
From what i've read some people are getting this function by purchasing MSport options alone.
Have I been jipped by my dealer, after paying the extra $1600AUD for (0223) - Dynamic Damper Control, (which replaces M Sport Suspension).
Not sure about OZland, but in NA, MSport alone does not give you adjustable dampers, you need the extra DCC (called in Canada). You get the N, S, S+ toggle with MSport, true, but not suspension adj.
      08-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

How do you tell if you have suspension adjustment, is there supposed to be another button? Or is it in the idrive and linked to the N, S and S+ settings?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Roders, you have not been jipped. If you have option 223, you have the ability to change your dampers (dynamic damper control). An M Sport package will have that rocker too and it appears they may be able to adjust the dampers, but they cant.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
How do you tell if you have suspension adjustment, is there supposed to be another button? Or is it in the idrive and linked to the N, S and S settings?
The dynamic damper control is automatic and I think you can only tell for sure if you know exactly where to look on the suspension itself or if you drive down a bumpy road with and without it. It ought to be good enough to be noticeable on bumpy roads

Having M, S, S just means you have dynamic drive control (DDC) but you only get DDC with certain options and VDC is one of them

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
How do you tell if you have suspension adjustment, is there supposed to be another button? Or is it in the idrive and linked to the N, S and S+ settings?
Since the suspension damper adjustments are always active I don't think there's any way to tell if you have it or not unless you looked at the suspension. After you've received your X3 if you're still curious you could always take off one of the tires and take a look at the suspension.

There's a long thread about this and Lotus provided a very good picture for it, here is the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7
Here is a photo of a 35i (non-M-Sport) with DDC.
DDC equipped X3's have a cylindrical appendage on each of the front struts which terminates in an electrical cable. Not to be confused with the rectangular attachment which all X3's have which is the TPS pick-up antenna.

In addition, there is a small position sensor attached to the front suspension (not shown) that is also present only on DDC equipped vehicles.

Anyone have a photo of a M-Sport's front strut?
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...84#post9595084

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ght=suspension
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Hi All

Dynamic Damper Control is included in DHP. It's a North American package option which includes other features such as VSS (Variable Sport Steering).
The toggle switch, which is called Dynamic Driving Control, is fitted if the car has VSS or VDC or Sport Auto. In this case, the suspension is adjustable only if the car has option code 223, otherwise the suspension is fixed regardless of ur chassis setting.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Hi All

Dynamic is what you want, I have it on my 550i MS, and ordered it for the X3 35D M Sport coming december time, it is very worthwhile having.
It adjusts steering damping gearbox and suspension.
      09-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Adjusting the suspension via the rocker is not the same as Dynamic Damper Contol. The confusion, I think, is in the word "control" which makes us think of the rocker. It means the car is controlling the damping coefficient actively. It's a feature added on tothecrest and ha nothing to do with the rocker switch and Normal, Sport, and Sport+.